Sign in to follow this  
DavidG

Svg, Ajax, And The Jsvars

Hi,

I am currently trying to send via AJAX the svg image back to the server from a chart. My current problem is that I cant get the svg programatically, Ive noticed the method getSVGString inside myChart2.jsVars.hcObj however i cant seem to access hcObj

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');
var myChart1 = new FusionCharts("Column2D.swf", "myChartId1", "350", "300", "0", "1");
myChart1.setXMLUrl("../xml/SimpleExample.xml");
myChart1.render("chart1div");
console.log(myChart2.jsVars.hcObj);   //--->> comes out as undefined

Is there any way to get the svg data programatically with some method to send back to the server?

why cant I access the hcObj?

Hi Again

I managed to fix my error, I wasnt importing explicitly all the libraries needed. Now the object is accessible and the getSVGString is working however the same issue from a few posts ago is still outstanding. After calling getSVGString once the next call throws an error.

Hi,

I am currently trying to send via AJAX the svg image back to the server from a chart. My current problem is that I cant get the svg programatically, Ive noticed the method getSVGString inside myChart2.jsVars.hcObj however i cant seem to access hcObj

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');
var myChart1 = new FusionCharts("Column2D.swf", "myChartId1", "350", "300", "0", "1");
myChart1.setXMLUrl("../xml/SimpleExample.xml");
myChart1.render("chart1div");
console.log(myChart2.jsVars.hcObj);   //--->> comes out as undefined

Is there any way to get the svg data programatically with some method to send back to the server?

why cant I access the hcObj?

Hey David,

We have reported the issue you have raised and our Engineering team is currently looking into this.

However, we are currently working on some other issues at the same time, including version upgrades to some of the other products in the FusionCharts Suite and as such, this particular issue will take some time to address.

Thank you for your continued support.

Guest Sumedh

Was this problem solved?

How can I get the SVG string from a flash generated chart?

Hey,

SVG string can be generated only for JavaScript charts. Could you please try using the following code to generate SVG string?

Ref. Code:

FusionCharts("myChartId").ref.getSVGString()

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have been running into a similar issue but the use of the Ref. Code: FusionCharts("myChartId").ref.getSVGString() approach is generating the following error:

In Firefox: 'TypeError: W.exporting is undefined' on FusionCharts.HC.js Line 375...

In IE 8:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTbORJ/5.15.2.23037)

Timestamp: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 11:49:33 UTC

Line: 111

Char: 153

Code: 0

URI: FusionCharts.HC.js

I hope you may be able to help...

Regards,

Jarlath