Peter W

Multi Series Date From A Single Field

Hi

It would be great if you could specify some way of creating a multi series data set from a single date field.

So my data is a bit like this

Qty - Date

12 - Jan 2011

15 - Feb 2011

19 - Jan 2012

14 - Feb 2012

I would like to be able to have multiple series so I can have one per year in the date field.

Thanks

Guest vishal@fusioncharts

Hi

It would be great if you could specify some way of creating a multi series data set from a single date field.

So my data is a bit like this

Qty - Date

12 - Jan 2011

15 - Feb 2011

19 - Jan 2012

14 - Feb 2012

I would like to be able to have multiple series so I can have one per year in the date field.

Thanks

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post!

Currently we do not offer functionality to support your exact environment. However we do offer a functionality that comes close. You could explore it more by clicking on the following links - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN_fsvuYBt0 http://docs.collabion.com/charts/1.0/contents/data_source/group_by.html#split

Hope this helps.

I also would like to see this feature. I've also seen multiple posts requesting how to do this, but it is currently not supported.

If you create this type of chart, some sort of repeating x-axis range, please include the ability to select start/end of the x-axis window. It would be nice to specify the x-axis range for waterfall plots as well.

Another way to implement this is related to another request I've seen posted here. If the user can connect to multiple lists to combine them on the same chart, they could accomplish this by connecting multiple times to the same list. Each connection could have different filtering. EX: connection 1 filters for 2014, connection 2 filters for 2015, connection 3 filters for 2016. Hopefully, they could all be displayed only by month. I don't know if this works or not, but it has been very important to our management to view data in terms of comparing it to previous years, quarters, etc.

This functionality would be really appreciated.

Thanks.