Sign in to follow this  
ganiganesh

Print Option For Div Contains 7 Charts

Hi Team,

My requirement is that i have around 7 charts in one div for which i need to provide print option. if i open it in new window i would be getting only static content but not charts so i need to pass fusioncharts.js file in javascript function itself as below

function PrintDiv() {

var divToPrint = document.getElementById('print_content');

var head="<html><head><script language='JavaScript' src='../content/jscript/charts/demo/FusionCharts.js'></script></head><body onload='window.print()'>";

var popupWin = window.open('', '_blank', 'width=1300,height=300');

popupWin.document.open();

popupWin.document.write(head+divToPrint.innerHTML + '</html>');

popupWin.document.close();

}

but getting script error

so please suggest how can i provide print option for the only body of html in which i m displaying 7 charts (please find the attached image)

thanks in advance

Ganesh Kumar CH

MyCharts.bmp

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regard to your query, to print the charts, FusionCharts provides advanced print management by FusionCharts JavaScript Print Manager Class.

You will just need to add a single line of code in JavaScript which enables Print Manager for all the charts present in a web page.

Ref. Code:

FusionCharts.printManager.enabled(true);

Could you please try by using this line of code and try printing the whole page from browser's File → Print menu or from JavaScript's native window.print() function?

Awaiting your response !

Edited by Sashibhusan

HI,

if i use printManger do i get only chart content in same way as it appears in my web page with out menu tab?

and also i have tried batch export as a image/pdf for my web page which contains 7 charts but my concern is that not getting charts how it appears in my webpage, getting in sequence of source charts

please advice me...

Hi,

With regard to your query, to print the charts, FusionCharts provides advanced print management by FusionCharts JavaScript Print Manager Class.

You will just need to add a single line of code in JavaScript which enables Print Manager for all the charts present in a web page.

Ref. Code:

FusionCharts.printManager.enabled(true);

Could you please try by using this line of code and try printing the whole page from browser's File → Print menu or from JavaScript's native window.print() function?

Awaiting your response !

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please note that using FusionCharts advanced PrintManager, you can print the entire webpage along with all chart contents, as it appears in the web page.

For more information on "FusionCharts Print Manager", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/JS_PrintManager.html

Batch Export Feature will let you export all the 7 charts image/PDF within a single page and download to user's machine and can not print all the charts along with the entire HTML page contents.

Could you please specify your exact requirement, so that we can provide you the appropriate solution?

Awaiting your valuable response !

Hi,

My requirement is that i want the same view like mycharts.jpeg but not like webpage.jpeg which i attached in print.

i noticed that by using batch export if i save as image all 7 charts would be appearing as one by one in a single row which is not fine for me.

i want the same view like mycharts.jpeg if i save as image

please suggest me.

Hi,

Please note that using FusionCharts advanced PrintManager, you can print the entire webpage along with all chart contents, as it appears in the web page.

For more information on "FusionCharts Print Manager", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusionch...intManager.html

Batch Export Feature will let you export all the 7 charts image/PDF within a single page and download to user's machine and can not print all the charts along with the entire HTML page contents.

Could you please specify your exact requirement, so that we can provide you the appropriate solution?

Awaiting your valuable response !

MyCharts.bmp

post-26544-0-16283500-1342011243_thumb.jpg

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Batch export aligns the charts one below the other.

It is the intended behavior.

Using Batch export, I am afraid, you will not be able to align the charts as is on the web page.

Hope this helps!

hope print manager too wont work as per my requirement because its coded like window.print()

Hi,

Batch export aligns the charts one below the other.

It is the intended behavior.

Using Batch export, I am afraid, you will not be able to align the charts as is on the web page.

Hope this helps!

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Please note:

If you wish to export the chart as is on the web page with all the alignments in tact, please use window.print() method.

In this case if you do not wish to include the page content, then you have to write a few lines of code to hide the other div containers on the page.

Ref. Code:

<script type="text/javascript">

function printpage(){

// hide all the other div containers on the page.
var ele = document.getElementById("header");
ele.style.display = "none";

// call window.print() once the other div containers are hidden
window.print();

}

</script>

<input type="button" value="Print this page" onclick="printpage()" />

Hope this helps!

Edited by Bindhu