mightyenigma

Server--Side Exports Turn Blank In Internet Explorer

I have 8 charts on my page, and need to export all of them to server-side image files.

The charts all successfully render and export, but when I go to the export folder, most of the images are blank, even though they weren't during the bitmap capture process on the browser.

This is very helpful, and the approach I have taken.

However, once all the charts have exported, only 1 or 2 of them actually have any pixel data in them. The rest are blank.

I have verified that all the charts show up correctly on the page all at once (I am using the position:fixed style on the flash charts I create when the user clicks a button to trigger this exporting).

I have even laid them out side by side from top to bottom so the entire chart is exposed, but still only one or two of the eight charts will saved correctly after rendering.

I have made them very small to speed up capture time (240X177).

I made the page wait 1500ms before navigating away to the PDF it's generating, to make sure the charts had fully saved before leaving the page.

This is not a problem in FireFox, only in IE and Chrome. IE more consistently than Chrome.

The only way I've been able to get non-blank captured image files on all browsers is to force it to export only one chart at a time, which takes a very long time, especially with larger charts.

It's currently using JPGs, if that's important. I wonder if the compression time causes a race condition? I'll try another format and see if that helps, but I think it's something else.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regard to your issue, we have tested exporting 8 charts by triggering the "exportChart()" function from a HTML button.

I am afraid, all the charts are exporting correctly to the server and all image files have pixel data in them (tested in IE9, Chrome and Firefox browsers).

Please find the attached sample, test it from your end and provide the feedback to us .

Hope this helps !

Edited by Sashibhusan

Thank you for creating a test case and trying to reproduce the problem.

To fix the problem, I added a delay to start the export for each chart, making them wait 1 second between starting each export. This works, although requires some slowdown of the process.

Perhaps it's an issue with our server itself. We are running IIS PHP NetSuite Oracle MSSQL, as far as I know.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to hear that you have managed to fix the issue by providing delay to the export process of all charts.

Please do let us know if we could be of any further help.