Sign in to follow this  
rahul_advanced

Pagging In Charts

Is there any functionality for pagging in charts? I have some scenario where i have 100 records and at a time i want to show 20 records on chart and if there is a button say "Next" and by clicking on it i can see next 20.

Have you this kind of things in fusion chart?

I know drill down charts are there but it is not suits in my scenario.

Hi,

Please note that FusionCharts XT natively does not support displaying chart in pages after a certain amount of data.

However, as a work-around solution, we have a suggestion to initially show the chart with the data that you wish to and then on clicking the "Next" button you can update the data in the existing chart by using the JavaScript methods to show the next set of data and re-render the chart every time to reflect the change in the data.

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/JS_ChangeData.html#update

In this case you would need to use multiple data files that needs to be updated every time you click the chart, as per your requirement.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for reply smile.gif,

I got your point , but if i update the chart the problem is:

i call a url which return me XML data and that XML data i am directly using for rendering chart. so suppose i have 100 records on my DB side so url return me 100 records and that 100 records are going to be shown on chart.

But i want 20 only at a time, so for this i need to return 20 records from db side (server side) and for showing 100 records i need to make call to url 5 times which increase load on server side.

Better if we can get 100 records in once and show 20 records at a time and by pagging we can show rest records.

I hope you understand.

Hi,

Currently we do not have it in our wishlist.

However, we would make a note of the same and update it in our wishlist for feasibility analysis.

Hope this helps. :)