Sign in to follow this  
elambert

Can I Pass Arguments In My Datastreamurl Parameter?

I was able to get my realtime function working in a new HLED chart, but I'd like to know if it's possible to pass arguments to the perl script I'm using to pass the real time data to my chart. The string I'd like to use is:

"datastreamurl": "/perl/ops/garch/led_datafeed.pl -json led_location_dev.json"

I've tried replacing the spaces with %20, but still not working.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Eric

Hi,

Considering your perl script as a CGI script, please note that you can pass values to the script as a querystring, something similar to:

"/perl/ops/garch/led_datafeed.pl?type=json&source=led_location_dev.json" (the querystring variable names - type, source are used to demonstrate the implementation, you can use your own variable names which your script can relate to and make use of)

Please note that the dataStreamURL will ideally fetch data from a CGI script.

Hi,

Considering your perl script as a CGI script, please note that you can pass values to the script as a querystring, something similar to:

"/perl/ops/garch/led_datafeed.pl?type=json&source=led_location_dev.json" (the querystring variable names - type, source are used to demonstrate the implementation, you can use your own variable names which your script can relate to and make use of)

Please note that the dataStreamURL will ideally fetch data from a CGI script.

Thank you for the reply. I was able to get this working with a little re-coding effort.

-Eric