Sign in to follow this  
veeruk

Adding Datastamp To Real Time Chart Doesn't Update In Groovy/grails

Hi,

I am working on a prototype in Grails environment and have been struggling to make Real-time chart updates work with Data stamp.

My front-end gsp(similar to jsp) calls the server layer on load to get the XML (attached here). In controller I am making a call to DB procedure which returns the data. Thereafter, front end pulls the data periodically.

I enabled the JS debugging and can see the traces in Firebug until the initial chart plotting. Thereafter I don't see any server calls in Firebug. However, to my surprise I can see calls coming to server.Here is the sample of refresh data that I am building.&label=18.21.37,18.21.42,18.21.47,18.21.52|value=378,657,289,478&dataStamp=18.21.52Without dataStamp, the chart gets updated as expected with periodic refresh calls that are visible in Firebug. The moment I add dataStamp, it stops updating the chart. Looking at this post, I even replaced colon in timestamp to '.' and '/' with no success.http://forum.fusioncharts.com/topic/2601-getting-error-while-adding-data-stamp-to-the-realtime-chart/page__p__9614__hl__datastamp__fromsearch__1#entry9614

On a different note, even though enabling slantLabels='1' the labels show up in straight lines.

Any quick help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Raghu.

dataStamp.xml

fusionChart.bmp

Hi Raghu,

Hi,

I am working on a prototype in Grails environment and have been struggling to make Real-time chart updates work with Data stamp.

My front-end gsp(similar to jsp) calls the server layer on load to get the XML (attached here). In controller I am making a call to DB procedure which returns the data. Thereafter, front end pulls the data periodically.

I enabled the JS debugging and can see the traces in Firebug until the initial chart plotting. Thereafter I don't see any server calls in Firebug. However, to my surprise I can see calls coming to server.Here is the sample of refresh data that I am building.&label=18.21.37,18.21.42,18.21.47,18.21.52|value=378,657,289,478&dataStamp=18.21.52Without dataStamp, the chart gets updated as expected with periodic refresh calls that are visible in Firebug. The moment I add dataStamp, it stops updating the chart. Looking at this post, I even replaced colon in timestamp to '.' and '/' with no success.http://forum.fusionc...ch__1#entry9614

On a different note, even though enabling slantLabels='1' the labels show up in straight lines.

Any quick help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Raghu.

We sincerely apologize for the delay. :(

We are looking into this and shall get back to you at the earliest.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Hi Raghu,

There was an issue with passing some special characters through dateStamp in Flash charts that we have fixed in the latest release of FusionWidgets (XT 3.2 Service Release 2 - 1 Nov 2012).

Can you please update to the latest version and try again?