aldeacms

Special Chars On Chart Labels

Hello, i have an issue with some special chars on chart labels. I know that i have to write the code like #xxxx number but it only works for some of them.

I have an issue with an specific char: X-Bar or AVG, (or Mean, a X with 'upper line'). This is very important to me.. i must show it and i could not. When i write the code like x & # 7 7 2 ;(without spaces) it only shows X...

what can i do?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.

The x̄ is actually a combination of two codes - the base letter x plus a code for the line above (̄: or ¯). If you are having problems seeing the letters in the chart, then your browser may not support diacritics. To display these characters it depend on the browser that you are using, the fonts installed on your computer, and the browser options you have chosen that determine the fonts used to display particular character sets, encodings or languages.

For the Web to display x̄ you should make sure the font is set to display Arial Unicode MS (Win).

So, if you would like display the caption as x̄ , please add font styles to the Caption and set the font as "Arial Unicode MS" to display x̄ in a chart.

Ref. code:

<chart caption=' x̄ ' ......>

<styles>

<definition>

<style name='MyFirstFontStyle' type='font' font='Arial Unicode MS' size='24' color='FF0000' />

</definition>

<application>

<apply toObject='Caption' styles='MyFirstFontStyle' />

</application>

</styles>

</chart>

Please find the screenshot attached.

Hope this helps.

Capture.PNG

Thank you very much for your detailed answer, but it doesn't work for me.

Can you attach the entire xml and html example? Then i can see if its a problem with my browser or with my xml.

Thanks again!

Hey,

One more step, to make the charts to show x-bar, save the file in UTF-8 with proper BOM mark.

In order to specify a BOM mark, follow these steps:

1. Open the file in question in a text-editor that supports UTF-8 encoding with BOM stamp (Example – Windows Notepad).
  2. Open the Save menu and specify file name, file type, encoding and BOM mark (if the option is available).
  3. Save the file.

Please find the sample.html and screenshot attached.

Hope this helps.

sample.html

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your patience and for attach the code.

Finally i could solve it, but not with the Arial Unicode MS and not with the utf-8, but with your specific character you sent on the html code.

I Dont know what character is, it seems that is not the #772 , its a little smaller but, doesn't matter at all.. now it works and i'm happy! hehe

Thank you so much!