pitommasi

Fc_Rendered Not Working With Xt Sr1

I have downloaded the SR1 of FusionMaps XT to evaluate the chance to upgrade my application.

The problem is that FC_Rendered is not working anymore.

this is the code that I am using:

<html>
 <head> 
<title>My First map using FusionCharts JavaScript Class</title> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="Maps/FusionCharts.js"></script>
 </head> 
 <body> 
<div id="mapContainer">FusionMaps XT will load here!</div> 
<script type="text/javascript">
 	FusionCharts.debugMode.enabled( function() { console.log(arguments); }, 'verbose');
 	var myMap = new FusionCharts ("Maps/FCMap_World.swf", "MyMapId", "750", "400", "1");
 	myMap.setXMLUrl ("Data.xml");
 	myMap.render("mapContainer"); 
	function FC_Rendered(DOMId)
	{
			alert ( DOMId + " map has been rendered." );                        	
	}
</script>
 </body> 
</html>

and the XML used (both from the example contained in the documentation):

<map borderColor='005879' fillColor='D7F4FF' numberSuffix='M' includeValueInLabels='1' labelSepChar=':' baseFontSize='9'>
	<data>
   	<entity id='NA' value='515' />
   	<entity id='SA' value='373'/>
   	<entity id='AS' value='3875' />
   	<entity id='EU' value='727' />
   	<entity id='AF' value='885' />
   	<entity id='AU' value='32' />
	</data>
</map>

the function FC_Rendered is never fired.

I have also tried the advanced model version: no luck!

The only events that appear in the console are:

beforeinitialize, initialized, dataloadrequestcancelled, dataloadrequested, beforerender, internal.domelementcreated

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I have downloaded the SR1 of FusionMaps XT to evaluate the chance to upgrade my application.

The problem is that FC_Rendered is not working anymore.

this is the code that I am using:

<html>
 <head> 
<title>My First map using FusionCharts JavaScript Class</title> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="Maps/FusionCharts.js"></script>
 </head> 
 <body> 
<div id="mapContainer">FusionMaps XT will load here!</div> 
<script type="text/javascript">
 	FusionCharts.debugMode.enabled( function() { console.log(arguments); }, 'verbose');
 	var myMap = new FusionCharts ("Maps/FCMap_World.swf", "MyMapId", "750", "400", "1");
 	myMap.setXMLUrl ("Data.xml");
 	myMap.render("mapContainer"); 
	function FC_Rendered(DOMId)
	{
			alert ( DOMId + " map has been rendered." );                        	
	}
</script>
 </body> 
</html>

and the XML used (both from the example contained in the documentation):

<map borderColor='005879' fillColor='D7F4FF' numberSuffix='M' includeValueInLabels='1' labelSepChar=':' baseFontSize='9'>
	<data>
   	<entity id='NA' value='515' />
   	<entity id='SA' value='373'/>
   	<entity id='AS' value='3875' />
   	<entity id='EU' value='727' />
   	<entity id='AF' value='885' />
   	<entity id='AU' value='32' />
	</data>
</map>

the function FC_Rendered is never fired.

I have also tried the advanced model version: no luck!

The only events that appear in the console are:

beforeinitialize, initialized, dataloadrequestcancelled, dataloadrequested, beforerender, internal.domelementcreated

Thank you in advance.

This is a native Chrome issue with "pepflashplayer.dll", which Google Chrome picks up from "AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.75\PepperFlash". Currently, this cannot be resolved from our end.

The maps would run perfectly but the Flash maps' JavaScript APIs might not work when running from local file system in Google Chrome because of the Flash Player issue. Please try running the map from the web server and see the "FC_Rendered" function working perfectly.

Please note that we found that Google Chrome reflects three flash player when you type chrome://plugins in the Chrome address bar. This is because you have installed Flash Player separately.

1. NPSWF32_11_3_300_270.dll [This is the System Flash Player which gets displayed only if you have installed Flash Player separately from here]

2. gcswf32.dll [Google Chrome picks this up from AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.75\]

3. pepflashplayer.dll [Google Chrome picks this up from AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.75\PepperFlash]

If you don't have Flash Player installed in your system separately Chrome would only reflect only two. Please ensure this from that by visiting this URL (http://www.playerversion.com/).

2. gcswf32.dll [Google Chrome picks this up from AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.75\]

3. pepflashplayer.dll [Google Chrome picks this up from AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.75\PepperFlash]

The above two comes with Google Chrome when you are installing Google Chrome for the first time and it comes with pre-installed Flash Player.

Google Chrome uses native Flash Player which seems to have this issue. As a work-around solution to this issue, you can disable the Chrome's native Flash Player and enable to System's Flash Player to overcome this issue for now.

Flash Player Global Security settings is isolated in Google Chrome's native Flash Player. So, before running Flash charts from local file system in Google Chrome, you would need to setup Flash Player's global security settings separately. However, the issue is here which prevents the flash chart's JavaScript APIs from running, from local file system.

Hope this helps. :)