Flexvision

Internet Explore Memory Crash

Hello!

I have a Dashboard running in PHP with 12 charts, 9 Angular Gauge and 3 MsLine.

It's a simple PHP with divs to render the charts, in javascript I use the funcion setInterval to refresh the information of every 5 minutes. This function refresh the chart by the function setXMLUrl.

After o short time IE8 crash and need to close and open to works again. I monitored the memory during this refreshs and it grows to much every refresh.

My JSFunction to refresh:

function refreshGraph(tpGraph, idGraph, divRender, url){

var chart = FusionCharts( idGraph ); 
if( chart != null ) {
	$("#" + idGraph).hide();
	$("#" + idGraph).remove();

chart.dispose();
	chart = null;
}

chart = new FusionCharts(tpGraph, idGraph, "100%", "100%", "0", "1");
chart.setTransparent(true);
chart.setXMLUrl(escape(url));
chart.render(divRender); 
}

Sorry for my english, but somebody can help me, please?

Unfortunatelly I need to use the IE8, i can't change to Chrome, FF or other brownser.

Thanks

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

It seems, the disposing of chart instances is not being done properly before creating the new chart instance while refreshing the page.

So, could you please confirm, whether you are using unique chart IDs for all the charts/gauges in your page and disposing all the chart object instances while refreshing the page using your "refreshGraph()" method?

Awaiting your response!

Hi,

It seems, the disposing of chart instances is not being done properly before creating the new chart instance while refreshing the page.

So, could you please confirm, whether you are using unique chart IDs for all the charts/gauges in your page and disposing all the chart object instances while refreshing the page using your "refreshGraph()" method?

Awaiting your response!

Hello Sashibhusan, thanks for help me.

I use a unique ID to each chart, but isn't the problem, I tried to remove the lines $("#" + idGraph).hide() and $("#" + idGraph).remove() and work! I don't know what happen but the IE have some problem with this JS funcion.

After remove this lines the memory usage grows to 200 mb for example and stay stable in this number. To other brownser the use of hide and remove is indiferent, the memory usage are good.

Thanks for all!

Hi,

Hello Sashibhusan, thanks for help me.

I use a unique ID to each chart, but isn't the problem, I tried to remove the lines $("#" + idGraph).hide() and $("#" + idGraph).remove() and work! I don't know what happen but the IE have some problem with this JS funcion.

After remove this lines the memory usage grows to 200 mb for example and stay stable in this number. To other brownser the use of hide and remove is indiferent, the memory usage are good.

Thanks for all!

Could you please send us a sample so that we are able to replicate the issue at our end?

Also, please provide the environment details where this can be replicate.

Awaiting your reply.

Hi,

Could you please send us a sample so that we are able to replicate the issue at our end?

Also, please provide the environment details where this can be replicate.

Awaiting your reply.

Yes, I can!

I need an email to send the project, the size is above 1 mb and you can make your tests.

I can't post here because is a project from my company.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, I can!

I need an email to send the project, the size is above 1 mb and you can make your tests.

I can't post here because is a project from my company.

Thanks!

Please mail us attaching your scaled-down sample or a Live URL at [email protected] and we shall get back to you at the earliest.

Looking forward to your mail.