Sign in to follow this  
ttf

Zoomline Chart Limits?

Hi,

I am creating a zoomline chart. Can someone help answer these questions?

1. I want the data values showing on the right side. Is it not possible to put the y-axis on the right hand side? I need the zoom function of zoomline chart , so I would not consider using the 2D Dual Y Combination chart as a workaround.

2(a) In the zoomline chart, I want to show some specific labels on x-axis (i.e.the category labels) instead of all labels. But I cannot see the 'showLabel' attribute in category in the zoomline specification sheet. I tried <category label='Oct 2005' showLabel=1 /> and <category label='Jan 2006' showLabel=0 /> to show/hide labels but no success. Is it not possible to specific x-axis labels in zoomline chart?

2(B) In my zoomline chart, there are hundreds of category specified. Since <chart labelStep ='5' > seems not working, how can I configure and control the label step?

Thanks,

ttf

Hi,

[size="2"]1. I want the data values showing on the right side. Is it not possible to put the y-axis on the right hand side? [/size][font="Arial"][size="2"] I need the zoom function[/size][/font][size="2"] of zoomline chart , so I would not consider using[/size][font="Arial"][size="2"] the 2D Dual Y Combination chart as a workaround.[/size][/font]

No, it is not possible to display the Y axis limits on the right hand side for a ZoomLine chart.

[font="Arial"][size="2"]2(a) In the zoomline chart, I want to  show some specific labels on x-axis (i.e.the category labels) instead of  all labels. But I cannot see the 'showLabel' attribute in category in  the zoomline specification sheet. I tried  [/size][/font][color="#666600"][size="2"]<[/size][/color][color="#000088"][size="2"]category[/size][/color] [color="#660066"][size="2"]label[/size][/color][color="#666600"][size="2"]=[/size][/color][color="#008800"][size="2"]'Oct 2005' showLabel=1[/size][/color] [color="#666600"][size="2"]/>[/size][/color][font="Arial"][size="2"] and [/size][/font][color="#666600"][size="2"]<[/size][/color][color="#000088"][size="2"]category[/size][/color] [color="#660066"][size="2"]label[/size][/color][color="#666600"][size="2"]=[/size][/color][color="#008800"][size="2"]'Jan 2006' showLabel=0[/size][/color] [color="#666600"][size="2"]/> [/size][/color][color="#666600"][size="2"]to show/hide labels but [/size][/color][font="Arial"][size="2"]no success. Is it not possible to specific x-axis labels in zoomline chart?[/size][/font]

In ZoomLine chart, the data is neatly compressed, so that all of it fits into the width of the chart. However, passing conventional multi-series XML data form and rendering a ZoomLine chart in JavaScript mode, you will be able to show/hide data labels as per your requirement.

[/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="2"]2( In my zoomline chart, there are hundreds of category specified. Since <chart labelStep ='5'[/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"] > seems not working, how can I configure and control the label step? [/size][/font]

>>ZoomLine chart does not support "labelStep" attribute.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, Swarnam.

In other words, rendering a Zoomline chart in flash mode does not support show/hide labels as I required. Am I right? One more question, as what you have mentioned, the data in Zoomline chart is neatly compressed, and I guess it is done by the chart engine, are there any configurations to control how the data is compressed? To be specific, I am generating a Zoomline chart with these categories,

<category label='Sep 2005'/>

<category label='Oct 2005'/>

<category label='Nov 2005'/>

<category label='Dec 2005'/>

<category label='Jan 2006'/>

<category label='Feb 2006'/>

<category label='Mar 2006'/>

<category label='Apr 2006'/>

What the zoomline chart is showing on the x-axis labels are Sep 2005, Mar 2006, Sep 2006...

But what I would like to show are Jan 2006, Jan 2007, Jan 2008...

Can this be done? Thanks so much!

Hi,

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, Swarnam.

In other words, rendering a Zoomline chart in flash mode does not support show/hide labels as I required. Am I right? One more question, as what you have mentioned, the data in Zoomline chart is neatly compressed, and I guess it is done by the chart engine, are there any configurations to control how the data is compressed? To be specific, I am generating a Zoomline chart with these categories,

<category label='Sep 2005'/>

<category label='Oct 2005'/>

<category label='Nov 2005'/>

<category label='Dec 2005'/>

<category label='Jan 2006'/>

<category label='Feb 2006'/>

<category label='Mar 2006'/>

<category label='Apr 2006'/>

What the zoomline chart is showing on the x-axis labels are Sep 2005, Mar 2006, Sep 2006...

But what I would like to show are Jan 2006, Jan 2007, Jan 2008...

Can this be done? Thanks so much!

Please note that in ZoomLine chart, you can specify the desired value for the attribute "numVisibleLabels" in the <chart> element that specifies the number of labels that would be visible in one screen.

Ex:

<chart ... numVisibleLabels='10' >

The "lableStep" attribute in the <chart> element and "showLabel" attribute in the <set> element is not supported by the ZoomLine Chart, as of now. :(

Hope this helps. :)