Gators

Using Different Versions Of Jquery

Hi,

I am wondering what is the best way to deal with different versions of jQuery. I have an existing page that I want to add FusionCharts. The page is using a newer version of jQuery. The page has version 1.9.1 of jQuery. The version of jQuery included with FusionCharts is 1.7.1. I am using FusionCharts 3.2.4.

1. Do I include both version on the page?
  2. Only include the newer version of jQuery and FusionCharts will use this version?
  3. Can only use the older version included with FusionCharts?

Are there any other potential problems? I am guessing each has it's pluses and minuses.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.

Do I include both version on the page?

If you will have to include both the version of jQuery, you will have to explicitly load "jquery.min.js" while loading your application.

Please Note: Included the "jquery.min.js" even before "FusionCharts.js" in the <head> tag.

Only include the newer version of jQuery and FusionCharts will use this version?

Yes, it is possible but you will have to upgrade to FusionCharts XT SR5 or later. Prior to FusionCharts XT SR5 are compatible with jQuery 1.7

Please find the attached sample which uses jQuery v1.9.1.

Hope this helps.

jquery1.9.zip

Yes, it is possible but you will have to upgrade to FusionCharts XT SR5 or later. Prior to FusionCharts XT SR5 are compatible with jQuery 1.7

Please find the attached sample which uses jQuery v1.9.1.

Hope this helps.

FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 SR5 only mentions jQuery 1.8 compatibility. Your example uses the jquery-migrate plugin, but for various reasons, I do not want to depend on this, and it's still broken for my use.

FusionCharts XT v3.3.0 doesn't make mention of jQuery 1.9 compatibility. Do you know when a certified release will be available with such compatibility? I'm anxious to get a release into production using the new features in 1.9 that we've been building the rest of our application against.

Thank you.

Hey,

Please find the modified sample attached which uses jQuery v1.9.1 and removed jquery-migrate plugin. We have not faced any issue while loading the chart.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. This is now working for me as well without the jquery-migrate plugin