Sign in to follow this  
danut

Using Arraycollection As Data Provider

Hi,

I'm new in using the fusion charts, so this may sound a little bit silly.

I have an array collection, where each item has the following structure: {color:"0xFFFF00", name:"Item 1"}. When trying to render the chart, I get an "No data to display" message.

As far as I've seen, the problem is that the library searches for the "value" attribute. In this case the items in the array collection do not provide such a property. Instead, I want to render the "name" attribute (and not the "value" one). Do you think It is possible? How can I do this?

Thanks!

Danut

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Danut,

Could you please enable the Flash chart debug mode and check, whether the XML data provided to the chart is correct as per the FusionCharts data format?

For more information on "Debug Mode (Window)", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?Debug/Window.html

Also, for the error message "No data to Display", check the following scenarios:

1. Your XML data doesn't contain any data that could be plotted by FusionCharts XT. In this case, your XML just contains the <chart> or <dataset> tags without any data between them.

2. You might be using a single-series chart SWF and providing data in multi-series format or vice-versa. In this case too, you'll get a "No data to display" message.

3. In some Dual Y Combination charts, you need to provide at least one data set for both the axis. Otherwise, you'll get a "No data to display" message.

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to your response.

Hi Sashibhusan,

I've manage to solve this issue. One more question though: do you know if it is possible to use linked charts in flex? I've seen examples that works for js, but when trying to do the same in Flex the drill-down feature does not work.

Thanks!

Danut

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Danut,

Glad to hear that you have managed of your own to resolve the issue.

However, as per your query, you can provide Flex Links to the data plot which can easily implement drill down functionality in your Flex application.

For more information on "FusionCharts for Flex > Drill Down Charts > Flex Links", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/flex/charts/Contents/?DrillDown/FlexLinks.html

Hope this helps!