Sign in to follow this  
MSOliver

Resizeto And Drill Down Chart Issue

Hello,

I'm having an issue using the resizeTo(width, height) function with drill down charts. I'm using the latest release of Fusion Charts XT. I'm calling resizeTo when the browser resizes so that our chart takes the full dimensions of the HTML area we have reserved for the chart. This works fine for the standard chart. But, when we're using drill down charts and the user has drilled down, when the browser is resized, nothing  happens. If instead, I call render() with the new dimensions, the parent chart is what is generated, not the drill down - which is not desired.

Any solution for this?

Thanks,

Mike Oliver

Edited by MSOliver

Guest Sumedh

Hi Oliver,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!

For dynamic re-sizing of chart, you can directly pass the chart dimensions in % in the FusionCharts constructor.

Ref. Code:

var myChart=new FusionCharts("Column3d.swf","myChartId","100%","100%","0","1");

For more information, please refer the following link:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/FirstChart/ChangeSize.html

Also, find attached illustration for your reference.

Hope this helps!

LinkedChart_DynamicResize.zip

Okay, but is there an intended fix for the bug? Detail:

1. Using the resizeTo() function does not work for a chart that has been drilled down

2. Calling render() after drill down will re-render the parent chart, not the drilled down chart.

Because of #1 and #2, I cannot use pixel sizing for drill down charts. I will try % sizing for the chart as you suggest, adjusting the container HTML to accommodate this, but ideally, it would be good to know if fixes to resizeTo() might be forthcoming.

Thanks!

- Mike

Edited by MSOliver

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delayed response.

1. Using the resizeTo() function does not work for a chart that has been drilled down

>> resizeTo() API will not work for the descendant charts.resizeTo() function can be called on any FusionCharts JavaScript Object. Since, the descendant chart is a clone of the parent chart, resizeTo() does not work.

2. Calling render() after drill down will re-render the parent chart, not the drilled down chart.

>>Calling render() function will re render the parent chart because child chart is cloned.

However, using the FusionCharts XT JavaScript API, you can configure every aspect of the child charts through configureLink() function.You can pass all the properties that a FusionCharts constructor accepts, as parameters to this function. If you would like to specify the child chart dimension, try passing the width of the child chart through configureLink() API either using pixel or percentage dimension.

Ref. Code:

myChart.configureLink(
  {
    swfUrl: 'Charts/Bar2D.swf',
    width: '30%',   

overlayButton:
    {    
      bgColor:'999999',
      borderColor: 'cccccc'
    }
  },
0);