Eve

How do you display months in proper order in a drill down chart

How you adjust how Month (text) is displayed in a drill down chart? 

Parent Chart is grouped by Fiscal Years, when you click on the a FY the drill down displays the month data.  However, the incorrect order of the months display.  Accending/Descending is not practical in this situation.  The months are listed in the correct order in the SP list.

SharePoint 2010

I am new to Collabion charts so any guidenance you can provide would be helpful.  Thank you in advance.

Eve

Hi Eve,

Could you please check and let us know the following:

1. Column type of your year column

2. Column type of your month column

If both are of Text type then it'll be considered as normal text string not as month. Please refer to http://forum.fusioncharts.com/topic/13183-order-on-x-axis-in-drilldown-collabion-chart/#entry51866 to know more on this.

I updated the Month from Text to Date/Time field in the SP list.  In the drill - down chart, I would only like to display "January, February, etc" instead of 01/31/2013 12:00:00 AM.  How would I do that?

Hi Eve,

Please open the wizard, go to "Group & Drilldown":

1. Select the Month column in "On the horizontal axis, group by: " option, now since it has Date/Time field you'll see a new option "where dates are grouped by the". Choose "Year" in it.

2. Select "one or more field(s)" radio option.

3. Select required aggregation function in "Choose from the following series" option.

4. Check the option "Display a drill-down chart..." and select "Month" in this combo box.

5. Finally click 'Apply' and 'Finish' the wizard

Now, you'll be able to group you data with Year and drill down to Month.

That worked great!  However, a year is different then a Fiscal Year.  I will have to display the data this way for now.  Thank you