Sign in to follow this  
pratik556

plus character is getting converted in post method

Hi 

I am facing a problem,  on the load of the page Post call is made to the server.But after that Get is used for getting the details from the server. In post, while rendering it shows appends %2B character instead of + . It is happening only with post. In get method + is working and showing properly on chart. What can I do to make it work with Post method.

Regards

Pratik

post-55433-0-74255300-1378471574_thumb.jpg

Hi,

+ sign has a semantic meaning in the query string. Most server side scripts would decode the query parameters before using them. If you want a literal + to be present in the query string, you need to specify %2B instead.

If this does not help, could you please give us code snippets of sending data from the server and XML/JSON data that is being passed to the chart? 

Awaiting your response.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. But %2B is only coming in Post method, but while using Get method It show it properly. Also I tried putting up %2B instead, but it showing %2B on the page.

I have observed following things:

• If we send + from the server it gets converted into %2B on chart, and in response of the Ajax Xml contains %2B instead of +  .
  • if we send %2B from the server it shows %2B on chart, and in response of Ajax Xml contains %2B.

Is it possible to escape it in any html code?

Thanks

Pratik

Hi,

We tried to pass + in the XML data of the chart and the chart seems to be displaying it fine. Please find the attached screenshot.   

Ref. code used : 

<set label='Jan +' value='420000' />

Could you please let us know how you are fetching the XML/JSON data on the server ( from database or from another view page ) and the environment in which you are rendering the chart?

Also, could you please give us code snippets of sending data from the server and XML/JSON data that is being passed to the chart so that we can help you better? 

Awaiting your response.

post-37797-0-28625900-1378819866_thumb.png

Edited by Haritha