Sign in to follow this  
liju.thn

data Values overlapping on 3d column bar chart

Hi,

Data values are getting overlapped over the bar chart.

I have googled a bit and couldn't find any solution yet.

I am able to change the y attribute value in the <g> <text> tag and get it fixed through the browser.

But unable to do from the chart configuration Javascript.

I'm using the fusioncharts/3.2.4-sr1.9888 version

The xml is given as below

<chart caption="Consumer Payments through website" divLineDashLen="60" showValues="1" showPercentValues="0" numberPrefix="$" minimiseWrappingInLegend="1" reverseLegend="1" use3DLighting="0" showToolTip="1" legendPosition="right" interactiveLegend="" legendShadow="0" legendBorderAlpha="0" legendBgAlpha="0" showPercentInToolTip="0" palette="2" animation="0" showCanvasBg="0" showCanvasBase="0" plotFillAlpha="95" formatNumberScale="0" plotSpacePercent="70" rotateValues="0" placeValuesInside="0">
   <categories>
      <category label="January 2014"/>
      <category label=""/>
      <category label=""/>
   </categories>
   <dataset seriesName="" color="#3C7ADC" alpha="90">
      <set value="399.02" displayValue="" tooltext=""/>
      <set value="0" displayValue="" tooltext=""/>
      <set value="0" displayValue="" tooltext=""/>
   </dataset>
   <styles>
      <definition>
         <style name="myLabelsFont" type="font" font="Arial" size="14" color="333333" bold="1" underline="0"/>
<style name='Data' type='font' font='Arial' size='14' color='ffffff' bgColor='666666' borderColor='666666' bold='1' underline='0' />
      </definition>
      <application>
         <apply toObject="Legend" styles="myLabelsFont"/>
<apply toObject='DataValues' styles='Data' />
      </application>
   </styles>
</chart>

I have tried almost every thing i found from the fusion chart website, but not able to succeed.

post-62435-0-89370600-1391181899_thumb.jpg

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Could you please try once by decreasing the "plotSpacePercent" value a bit (for example: 50) and see if it helps?

Since you are applying custom styles on the "DataValues" object with larger font size, the data label will not auto re-size to fit into the available column width.

Hope this helps!

post-23588-0-37050300-1391231379_thumb.png

Hi,

I have changed the chart from Column3D to StackedColumn3D and I have reduced the plotSpacePercent to 50 like you said. I have also put the settings like placeValuesInside='0'. but still the values are coming inside in the middle of the bar. Why am I not able to display the data values above the bar in a StackedColumn3D chart?

PFA the screenshot

post-62435-0-66963600-1391501820_thumb.jpg

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Could you please clarify the exact requirement, as you are replacing the "Column3D" chart to "StackedColumn3D" chart type?

Please note that for "StackedColumn3D" chart, "placeValuesInside" attribute will not work, as the data values of each plot will be shown in the middle of the plot and the cumulative sum will be shown on top of the data plots of each category.

However, if you are willing to display the data values always on top of the column plot, in Column3D charts, you would need to increase the Y-Axis upper limit explicitly by setting <chart yAxisMaxValue="600" ...>

Please note that even if you set "placeValuesInside" to "0", if the plot value is high and there is not enough space between top of column plot and upper canvas border, FusionCharts framework will automatically place the data value inside the column plot.

Hope this helps!

post-23588-0-50988500-1391590662_thumb.png