Sign in to follow this  
jackallan

Annotation Macros

This page: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-configuring-your-chart-annotations.html

shows the use of some macros that I cannot find any documentation for, namely the $dataset macro.  Is there somewhere where this is documented?

I would like to use annotations on a funnel chart to add additional labels aligned to the center of the segments.  Like this:

ZhNSbx2.png

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please note that the documentation link which you are referring to, is based on the latest FusionCharts Suite XT V3.4 release, where the completely new annotation engine is being introduced with more advanced features. Also, you can have the flexibility to use macros in this version.

For more details on "Annotations", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/FusionCharts-annotations.html

Hope this helps!

But what can I do with $dataset ? It is not referred to in the article you linked to.  I would like to determine the center of a segment in the funnel.  Something like $dataset.0.set.2.centerX.

Is this possible?

Edited by jackallan

I am having the same problem, I am working with a heatmap and I want to put some annotations, those annotations should be located in a specific position relative to a cell or column of my chart, the question is how can I do that? I saw some examples but they are so simple, there is no one that resolves something similar to what I have intended to do, and there is no documentation about this neither, I want to know the full syntax to use the macros for example, if I have $dataset.0.set.2.x I want to know what means the "0" and the "2" in the expression.

Does"$dataset" something to do with the "dataset" in the chart structure ?

Please respond.

Thank you.

Hello Vaishali thank you for your response :)

You know that I have been looking to the link you sent in your reply, but I cannot make this works on my chart, do you know where can I find a heatmap example with annotations (relatively positioned according to columns)?

I want to be able to choose above which column my annotation will be shown, and on my tests, the annotation appears randomly on the chart.

I am sorry for the bother.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Specifically, for Heat map chart no macros is defined. You can use the macros mentioned in the link shared.

Also, if possible share the JSFiddle link for the chart you are facing the issue with. Will try to check and help you out.

Awaiting response.