Sign in to follow this  
dkirby

IE 8 page rendering triggers window resize events which result in an infinite loop

I have a page with several graphs on it and I have functions bound to the window resize event to redraw each of the graphs if the user resizes the browser.

This works OK on Firefox, Chrome and IE 9+, but on IE 8 the act of rendering the charts apparently triggers further resize events... which triggers more chart redraws, resulting in an infinite loop and a browser that is dead in the water.

I have recently upgraded from Fusion Charts 3.2.4 to 3.6.0, and the problem did not happen in the old version.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround?

I have a page with several graphs on it and I have functions bound to the window resize event to redraw each of the graphs if the user resizes the browser.

This works OK on Firefox, Chrome and IE 9+, but on IE 8 the act of rendering the charts apparently triggers further resize events... which triggers more chart redraws, resulting in an infinite loop and a browser that is dead in the water.

I have recently upgraded from Fusion Charts 3.2.4 to 3.6.0, and the problem did not happen in the old version.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround?

Hi,

Could you please share the scaled-down sample with us here or mail us at [email protected], so that we might test and replicate the issue?

Awaiting your response.