Sign in to follow this  
pntran1

Agular Gauge stops updating when the new value is greater than the upper limit.

Hello,

When I use setData to update the angular gauge using setData, the gauge will stop working if the value is greater than the upper limit.  Can the upper limit be updated using setData or some other method?  I would like to be able to use setData method to update the value on the client side without getting a new XML file from the server.

Thanks

Thanks for the info.  Would it be possible to re-render the chart so that it updates the upper limit on the client side after using setData?  I would like to be able to change the value from the client side and it does exceed the upper limit sometimes.

Yes - you can re-render the chart at client side. But in that case, all data that had been streamed to chart after last loading would be lost (unless you account for them in the new XML).

Re-redendering doesn't work for me.  I got "Objective does not support this property or method" error.  I'd like to just to a new xml file to update the upper limit and avoid having to create a new chart and load the swf again.  Am I missing something?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

chartObj = getChartFromId("myChartId");

chartObj.setDataXML("fivehundred_mbpls.xml");

chartObj.render("chartdiv");  <-- "Objective does not support this property or method" error is thrown here.