Sign in to follow this  
garnold

Map disappears after postback?

I've been going nutz with this one and can't seem to get it to work. I have used this map tool a number of times and it is great. Never a problem. I have even used it in the same website that I'm working on now and no problem. For some reason no mater what I try I get an Error in loading data the first time I show the page and if I click any of the controls the fire a postback I loose the map completely. It seems like my page is not running the script the second time around and I just don't know why? Plus I can not get it to show any maps. I have even simply copied the demo pages code right into my page with no luck. Since this map is embeded inside of an existing application I can not be sure what else the program is running. Bottom line I just don't know how to debug this any further. Can anyone help me?

i'm running into the same problem. i have a map embedded with a javascript/ajax call to switch between maps and charts. on page load the map works fine - but if i click to switch to a chart, then back to the map - it just says maps and does not render the map.

i'm having the problem on mac and pcs, using IE, firefox(for mac and pc) and safari...

the code is in several separate files - i can try and combine them to make some sort of sense, but if you can provide any insight as to where to start it would be greatly appreciated...

v

Hi Vkh,

Could you please try using HTML embedding method when relaoding/changing the chart after AJAX postback? Actually, you are using JavaScript Embedding method which wont evaluate/run the important JavaScript statements (which are responsible for rendering the charts) received as response text in postback.

If you are using any server side script to render the charts (received on post back) please note that you need to use RenderChartHTML() in ASP.NET or renderChartHTML() in ASP/PHP.

actually the charts are working fine, and i am using the renderChartHTML. the trouble i'm having is with the map only...

the map will load the first time the page loads, but if you resubmit the information to change the graph its not rendering properly.. i'm using php, so i echoed out the $strXML (which is coming across fine with no errors). its like the map doesnt get the javascript needed to render the second time it loads - even though its all the same file - and t works just fine the first time...

is there some equivalent in fusionMaps to the renderChartHTML - i tried renderMapHTML which didnt work - but i cant find another option in the documentation

i appreciate the help

v