Sign in to follow this  
ChurchTech

IE6 & IE7 crashed by FS, Firefox ok -> 'IE cannot open the site'

Hi,

I'm new with FC, I plan to buy a license today.

If you go to transit.hpjsolutions.com, with Firefox, you can see my first chart.

But with IE6 and 7, I've an awfull error, 'IE cannot open the site', never seen this before.

The code is available with firefox ...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Edited by Guest

I just wanted to report that I am experiencing the same problem with FusionChartsFree. I will be trying to trouble shoot this tonight. I don't have a public link to show the problem but the behavior is exactly the same. (I am running a Joomla 1.0.12 site, and using FusionChartsWMode.js instead of FusionCharts.js) The interesting thing is that the charts work in IE6.0.2900.2180 but not in IE6.0.2800.1106 or IE7.... This seems to be a new problem for me as I believe I had previous verified my FusionCharts setup in all available versions. I'm going to roll some changes back and see what I find...I sure wish IE had the development features of Firefox! The only clues I've found so far are:

http://weblogs.asp.net/infinitiesloop/archive/2006/11/02/Dealing-with-IE-_2600_quot_3B00_Operation-Aborted_2600_quot_3B002E00_-Or_2C00_-how-to-Crash-IE.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927917

Edited by Guest

Well, my first step was to roll-back to the previous Joomla template (different html layout/different css) we were using and that got rid of the error in IE6/7!

Now I will try to figure out whether the issue is in the html tag layout (per the Microsoft KB article above) or whether there is a javascript conflict/difference between the working and non-working templates.

Because you are running Joomla 1.5 I can't say that our problems are the same but you might try briefly assigning a different default template and seeing if your site successfully loads in IE6/7.

I hope someone more familiar with FC can chime in about if/how the IE6/7 bug detailed above relates to FusionCharts javascript processing...

UPDATE:

I haven't had much time to play with this but my case is definitely one of javascript conflict. It is either too much javascript loading for IE's poor little brain or it is a conflict among the scripts that are loading. If I comment out several scripts that are loading but are not being used right now then everything works fine. I made one attempt to change my mootools.js and that gave mixed results...sometimes the site would crash in IE and sometimes not. I'm going to keep trying to narrow this down because I don't want IE to tie my hands in this way!

Edited by Guest

Thanks for this reply, very intersting coments.

It's interesting you're using joomla too, I also noticed that th eproblem was linked with a javascript call, I'll try to play with it today but once again it's amazing the loss of time with IE against firefox ...

What did you disable in Mootools ?