fogle

Chart is not rendered when it loads off-screen in FF3

When I place a chart fully below the fold only a tiny squiggle is rendered. See attached html and screenshot.

I am using:

Mac OS X 10.5.6

Firefox 3.0.5

Shockwave Flash 9.0 r151

The problem does not occur in Safari, nor does it occur if any part of the chart begins in view (by scrolling down and refreshing, for example).

I have observed the problem with both Line.swf and Column3D.swf, but have not tried other charts.

Since the forum does not permit .html attachments, I have included the example html file in a zip file. Speaking of which, the forum should probably permit .html attachments.

post-3909-128441569434_thumb.jpg

bug.html.zip

Hi,

Could you please try using  &chartWidth=900&chartHeight=300  with in  flashvars and also check swf path?

e.g

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="900" height="300" id="Column3D" >

<param name="movie" value="../FusionCharts/Column3D.swf" />

<param name="FlashVars" value="&dataXML=<chart><set label='1' value='1' /><set label='2' value='2' /></chart>&chartWidth=900&chartHeight=300" /> 

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<embed src="../FusionCharts/Column3D.swf" flashVars="&dataXML=<chart><set label='1' value='1' /><set label='2' value='2' /></chart>&chartWidth=900&chartHeight=300" quality="high" width="900" height="300" name="Line" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />  

</object>

Thanks for the response. Adding the width and height there solved the problem. The examples in the documentation did not have that specified, so if this is recommended practice, updating the documentation might be useful.

Anyway, thanks very much for the prompt and helpful response.