Sign in to follow this  
knieriemrt

Assigning a state multiple values

I am looking for a mapping solution that will allow me to create a map that I can group states together by the coverage area of a department of my company.  Some states would be in multiple coverage areas.  For example, when I mouse over "Region one", I want Washington, Idaho, and California to hightlight.  When I mouse over "Region two", it might be Washington, Idaho, and Montana.  Is this possible with FusionMaps, and if so is there some documentation explaining this that I missed somewhere?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

---

Hello knieriemrt,

It would help if you could let us know where do you want the users to mouse hover in order to highlight "Region 1" related map?

Thanks for your reply, here is a bit more detail.

I would like to have a bar across the bottom of the map that lists the regions that a person can hover over to change whats highlighted on the map.  I have been looking at different mapping software and most of it I have seen is made more for creating a map that shows data on a per state basis, like population or whatever, rather than what I am looking for where I can have one state be part of more than one region and not have just one data value assigned to it.