Sign in to follow this  
stadskle

Integer support

Right now, Fusion seems to support both integers and reals, kind of, but no way to declare which you're using. If I make a graph of "People", and there's only a single value of 1, the axis will show "0, 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.2, 1.5" and the bar goes a little bit higher than 0.9.

This is not helpful: "0.3 people" has no meaning, and forcing the reader to think "a little over 0.9 -- they probably mean 1 person" is harder than just showing the number as text.

For now, I've come up with a hack: if I set the axis max-value to 5, it seems to ignore that setting if any dataset has larger values, and if all data is under 5, the axis is labeled "0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5". It's not ideal: it doesn't say what it means, and the bar only takes up a small portion of the graph, and maybe if I change the size of the graph the axes will renumber themselves and break this.

I really want to be able to simply declare that a dataset consists of integers, and then have Fusion smart enough to never try subdividing that unit.

I have the same problem. When counting people the graph seems very silly berfore you get up to a certain amount of people.

Anyone from FusionCharts that can comment on this?

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

I'm afraid the feature required here i.e. "to be able to simply declare that a dataset consists of integers, and then have Fusion smart enough to never try subdividing that unit" is not available in FusionCharts, as of now. :)

Your suggestions are very important to us and we have made a note of this.