Dhruva

SSGrid alternateRowbgColor, colorBoxWidth, etc

I'm having a lot of trouble controlling the look of the SSGrid to match my darker reports. Specifically I'm using a black background, and want something similar on the SSGrid. While this works for the primary background, I can't seem to have any control over the Alternate row color. I believe it's an alpha of the main back, but the params in the documentation that effect this seem to have no effect at all...

This for example, does nothing:

alternateRowBgColor='0000ff'

alternateRowBgAlpha='50'

(instead of blue it still uses the black of bgColor='000000')

Also, likewise - these do nothing as well:

colorBoxWidth='50'

colorBoxHeight='50'

colorBoxPadding='50'

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? I'm using the 3.1 Enterprise version of the components.

Thanks,

Luke

Hello Luke,

:)

The FusionCharts Grid accepts many parameters as FlashVars. Therefore, in your HTML, could you please try adding the same using JavaScript methods? It should look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript">

var myGrid = new FusionCharts("../FusionCharts/SSGrid.swf", "myGrid1", "300", "200", "0", "0");

myGrid.setDataURL("Data.xml");

myGrid.addVariable('alternateRowBgColor','0000ff');

myGrid.addVariable('colorBoxWidth','50');

myGrid.addVariable('colorBoxHeight','50');

myGrid.addVariable('colorPadding','50');

myGrid.render("gridDiv");

</script>

Hope this helps!

Thank you but unfortunately this solution will not work for us. Due to technical complications (our own custom code for generating JPGs and PDFs server-side) we cannot generate charts via JavaScript, we have to embed them. We're also not using XML files, but rather feeding the XML in directly via parameter.

Is there any reason these specific items would need to be used this way vs parameters on the element like EVERY other element?

Thanks,

Luke

Hello Luke,

Could you try setting the values manually,using FlashVars in the parameters? I am attaching a zipped sample HTML file, which illustrates how. Please note, in the HTML, I have used alternateRowBgColor. You can add other parameters in a similarly concatenated fashion.

I hope this will resolve your problem!

Sample.zip

Thank you much, but unfortunately when I click the Zip file I just get bounced to the Forum homepage. Would you mind by chance E-mailing it to me and I'd love to try it? I'm luke_@_centercode.com without the _. (:

Hello Luke,

You could try downloading the file by accessing the forum using IE, as it is known to give errors in Firefox. I have mailed the file to you, all the same.

Hope it will help! :)