Sign in to follow this  
azimm646

Exporting a client-side chart not working in IE7

I am using FusionChartsExportComponent.js and the exporter swf to save charts as jpegs. The chart exports and calls the FC_ExportReady function and the exporter SWF has an enabled save button, but clicking the button does not bring up a save-file dialog in IE7. This is working fine in all other browsers I tested with (FF, IE8, Safari, Opera, etc...). Any idea what the issue might be here? The only thing I can think of would be a flash security issue... but I am not getting any errors or warnings. I just click the save button and nothing happens.

Any help is much appreciated.

Andrew

Upgrading to FLASH 10 in IE seemed to fix this.

Funny, I read all through the documentation on the exporter and didn't see anything about Flash version requirements. If the exporter really is dependent on v10 then it would be a good idea to ensure that the Flash detection script is requiring 10. But since the rest of the chart code only requires 8 (according to the documentation), it may be unnecessary if you are not using the exporter. In any case, since the exporter piggy-backs on the charts version detection it would be helpful to either make it clear in the documentation that the exporter requires Flash 10 or give it a secondary flash detection script in the exporter.js

Andrew

Edited by Guest

Guest Rajroop

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your suggestions. They are very important to us.

When creating an instance of FusionCharts Export Component, Flash Player 10 is required for FusionCharts Export Component has been coded in Flash CS4.

This is mentioned in the Troubleshooting section, under the Exporting as Image/PDF section, in the left hand menu panel.