Sign in to follow this  
Rahul Kumar

FusionCharts Unable to Process Arguments Beyond First & - Blocker, Critital Bug

I am creating a fusionchart with this code:

function loadCharts()

{

var myChart = new FusionCharts("/FusionCharts_Evaluation/Charts/MSCombiDY2D.swf", "myChartId", "900", "400", "0", "0");

myChart.setDataURL("/xml" + "?" + buildQuery());

myChart.render("chartdiv");

}

function buildQuery()

{

var str = $("form").serialize();

alert(str);

return str;

}

When I alert(str), in my own code, I see this valid query string with both arguments:

start_date=09%2F01%2F2009&end_date=09%2F24%2F2009

When I place an alert inside the FusionCharts.js setDataURL method, I see this valid url with both parameters there:

/xml?start_date=09%2F01%2F2009&end_date=09%2F24%2F2009

However, in Firebug I see that the actual url that the FusionChart widget (MSCombiDY2D.swf) is submitting is this:

Which is to say that the end_date parameter is gone. I have tried adding other parameters as well, and they are also removed.

This is a bug, it is an arbitrary limitation, and I require the ability to submit more than one argument in my dataUrls. Please fix promptly, or we will not be able to utilize fusioncharts in our application.

Thanks!

It is actually even worse than this - I just tried packing multiple arguments into JSON, and sending those as a single argument. This is also scrubbed in the flash widget:

/xml?json=[{"name":"start_date","value":"09/01/2009"},{"name":"end_date","value":"09/24/2009"}]

to:

The escaped version does get through:

/xml?json=[{%22name%22:%22start_date%22,%22value%22:%2209/01/2009%22},{%22name%22:%22end_date%22,%22value%22:%2209/24/2009%22}]&FCTime=147'
Edited by Guest

I've hacked around this, doing my own AJAX request and then using chart.setDataXML - but its annoying to have to do this, so please fix the issue if you can.

Thanks!