Sign in to follow this  
srividya_sharma

Generating images on a scheduled mode

I have 3.1 fusion charts . My customer is having a requirement . he is currently on SVG and migrating to Flex and we have recommended fusion charts.

The use case goes this way .

There is a JSP , which has say 4 tabs , out of which only one tab is active say the first one . Each of the tabs have charts . Now since the 3 of the tabs are not loaded or not active in the browser is it still possible to take a image snap shot and send it to say excel / PPT .

So for ge this same flow needs to be run on a scheduled mode , ie none of the tabs are actually getting viewed on the browser , does the latest fusion charts have a provision to take an image snapshot in the server side .

the key aspect is that the page is not rendered on the browser .

In SVG one can achieve the same using Batik

Appreciate an early response , thanks in advance . This is a critical use case for my customer to evaluate if we are using the right product .

Hi

Saving the chart as an image on the Server-side is possible with the latest version of FusionCharts.

Currently, each chart can be saved as a separate image on the server.

If you want to save multiple charts into a single file, you would need to do some coding - currently we do not have available code in JSP for this.

On another note, you could load the charts in all the tabs when the page loads, in which case, the chart would exist, even though not visible. You could automate the export of the chart using javascript.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Srividya

The whole idea is I dont want to load the charts for the invisible pages , as it a drag on the browser and so on .

So if it still not loaded , can we still get the images .

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, to export the chart as an image, the chart has to be rendered atleast once. :)