Sign in to follow this  
jgee

Batch creating dynamic PDFs with included charts

I have read through the forums and it seems there is no direct way to generate charts without first rendering a containing HTML page within the browser. Still, I have setup a client with FusionCharts who is now creating beautiful database-driven web reports but would now love to batch generate PDF versions of these files. Printing each individually from the browser is not an option because of the various browser issues documented around the scalable charts and the number of reports (1000's) he would like to create.

Can you recommend any starting point for me if I want to try to combine some technologies to achieve this? I did run across a thread that mentioned something for .Net but have seen no methods mentioned for PHP. Perhaps I could combine the XML output of my FusionCharts PHP Class with SVG somehow, or render the chart images in advance and have the PDF dynamically include them...

Thanks for any ideas or other threads that might get me started.

Edited by Guest

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

I'm afraid, exporting images without rendering the chart in the browser is possible in .NET.

As of now, we have not found any workaround for PHP.

I am wondering if perhaps I could somehow use the FLA files to create dynamic SVG graphics for the print versions. Is the only way to get access to FLA source files to purchase an Enterprise license--currently I have a Developer's license.

Also I looked very quickly through the .Net docs but did not see any reference to the workaround you mention--could you point me to an example?

Thanks again for your help!