jithendra

bugs in exporting fusioncharts and print fusion charts

We are very satisfied with working on fusion charts ,thanks for giving such service.we are using fusion charts for our reports,when exporting charts in client side after capturing data it is not changed from waiting to save still it shows as waiting why?what is 'fcExporter1' in the code how it defines?it give as domid how it defines?

print fusion charts is not properly printing from the browser print(print option in the browser) but chart prints properly from the chart print(right click on the chart print).why?

How i overcome these problems ?need immedediate assistance.beacause my software development is stucked.

Regards

Jithendra.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :D

fcExpoter1 is the name given to the export handler.

You can use any STRING that is convenient for you.

exportHandler---->In case of client-side exporting, this refers to the DOM-Id of FusionCharts Export component that is embedded in your web page, along with the chart.

e.g. var myExportComponent = new FusionChartsExportObject("fcExporter1", "../../FusionCharts/FCExporter.swf");

When you are using Mozzila based browsers to print flash movies the printout is not proper.

This is a known issue with Mozilla based browsers.

The problem lies in the way the browser handles no-scaled FusionCharts movies.

When you right click and print the chart, it's our code that does the printing.

But, when you select the print command from browser, the printing control moves out from chart to browser.

All the charts are exported at a fixed size and are dynamically resized at runtime to get charts of different sizes.

This becomes a bottleneck when printing the charts using browser.

As of now, the only solution is to recompile the .fla files with the intended size - it'll then print perfect on all platforms or jsut use the native print method of our charts.

I hope this helps you. Looking forward to your reply. :D

Dear madhumitha,

thanks for giving reply.By using advanced charting i made a report, in that report -time is in minutes in default scale and after 60 minutes it shows in hours,i coded like that.for example 80 minutes it shows as 1.33 hours but i need to show as 1 hour 20 mins.is it possible to customize that?because in charts 'value' attribute is taking for chart construction and display also.i wait for your reply.

hi, thanks for the reply my problem is solved.in fusion charts caption and sub caption both are bold in font style.is there any possibility to show subcaption in normal font.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

You can apply STYLES on the subCaption to cange the font style.

ref. - http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/Styles/HowToUse.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/Styles/Font.html

Please refer to the code below:

<styles>

<definition>

<style name='MyFontStyle' type='font' font='Verdana' size='12' color='FF0000' bold='0'/>

</definition>

<application>

<apply toObject='subCaption' styles='MyFontStyle' />  

</application>  

<styles>

I hope this helps you.

Hello,

thanks for the reply.In pie-2d chart i customised chart value by using "displayvalue" attribute.again to the same value i need to apply styles.By using "DATAVALUES" attribute i applied the styles to that value.example 1.25 hours is customised as 1:15 then that 1:15 i want show in itallic.i applied styles by using DATAVALUES attribute but styles are not applicable.why?need immediate assistance please.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Jithendra,

Could you please try applying Styles on  "DATALABELS" instead of "DATAVALUES"?

Hope this helps. :D

dear all,

by using DataLabels iam getting styles to whole label i.e.label and values.that is not my requirement .i want to apply styles to the value only which i have already customized by using "displayvalue" attribute.by using DataValues styles are not applied,but by using the DataLabels with same code iam getting styles to the whole label i.e. label and values.waiting for ur reply.

Dear all,

last month i asked a question on browser's print option is not working in mozilla based browsers.

ur replied on that "the only solution is to recompile the .fla files with the intended size".what is intended size ?can u give the details about that size?i need immediate assistance plzz.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Mozilla based browsers have issues with printing flash movies. We have sent a bug report to Mozilla. Hopefully, this bug will be fixed in our next major version.

If you use the FusionCharts V3 native print functionality you will not face a problem.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

You are welcome. :D

Please do revert in case of further queries.

hi,

iam using linux operating system(fedora-10),and browser mozilla firefox,in case of all charts(eg.stacked bar2d,pie-2d etc.) when i applying wmode="transperent",right click on the chart is not working that means it does not show menuitems , if i remove the wmode="transperent",right click is working and show all menu items,now iam doing export option in client side,for that purpose right click menu items is compulsory in all the machines.plzz verify in linux fedora-10 environment and with mozilla and send reply,in windows platform it is working good with mozilla and internet expolrer.

Guest Madhumita

Hi,

We are working on it as we speak. We would get back to you as soon as we conclude upon some result.

client side exporting is working good for all the other users,or not?

iam facing problem in client side exporting,after clicking in the menu item save as image or pdf,after capturing 100% data it does not show save button and save path window . previously i sent this question and verified with ur answer and all are correct but nothing it shows.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Could you please attach all your codes here so that we can test on them?

Awaiting your reply.

myself it is not possible to send code due to privacy policies. if you assist me on my provided information it will be good for me, anyway that wmode="transparent" issue is there or not, in ur environment plzz inform me.

I verified in all linux machines right click is not working when i put wmode="transparent",it does not show menu items when i right click.plzz assist me on that.in windows right click is working good even i put wmode="transparent".

Edited by Guest

Greetings,

Tried using Ubuntu 9 and the result is as Follows:

Firefox 3.5.8, Opera 10.10: Context-Menu Works Fine!

Google Chrome: Shows Black background and context-menu does not work.

Could not test on Fedora yet.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

You are welcome.

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting.

problems in print fusion charts:

browsers print is not working properly in mozilla firefox,it is ok.

1.in other browsers also scale is not assigning properly when i give the chart print.

2.i put wmode="transparent",may be that reason background color shows as black,but i need white.

3.in some cases when i give print blank chart is printing.

how to avoid these problems,plzzzz reply me as soon as possible.

:laugh::laugh:

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

1. Flash movies have printing issues for Mozilla based browsers. Therefore, we have developed our own native print method to print the charts. Also, in some linux based machines and MAC OS we have such printing issues.

2. If you want the chart to be printed with white background, please set bgColor='FFFFFF'. Your chart will now be printed with a white background. Make sure you use the native print method of FusionCharts. If you want to maintain the transparency, you can use the bgAlpha attribute to show the underlying area of the chart.

Please can you specify the following:

1. What OS you are working on.

2. Which version of charts you are using.

3. If you are using the browser's print option.

4. Would it be possible for you to provide us with live links of the charts or you can also send us your XML and HTML codes in that case.

Awaiting your reply. Apologies for the inconvenience.

iam using

Browser:mozilla firefox,

fusion charts version:3.1 Enterprise

iam sorry to say it is not possible to send any code or links to you because of our company privacy policies.

now iam doing the feature client side exporting after completion of capturing 100% data it does not change waiting to save (waiting is there!),my FusionchartExportComponent.js is in encripted format is that is the correct file or is there is some other file i want clarification.why this happens?

plzzz send reply as early as possible.

we are created all our reports by using fusion charts now it is colorful thanks to fusion charts team.

Edited by Guest

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

You can mail us a scaled down version of your codes so that we can test on them.

Without the codes it becomes difficult to diagnose the issue.

You can mail us at [email protected] .

Awaiting your reply.

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

Also, Flash Movies have issues in Linux based OS.

Printing and Exporting charts functionality goes off in Fedora if the charts are rendered in transparent or opaque mode.