Sign in to follow this  
matthew_pond

Need to expand Gantt Chart down the page automatically

Hi,

I'm using a gantt chart to show a number of projects and tasks.

When the chart loads I set the height to 300px...

var myChart = new FusionCharts("lib/charts/Gantt.swf", "myChartId", "927", "300", "0", "0");

The problem is that I need to load a different number of projects everytime and they just get squased if there are too many.

Is there any way the flash file could automatically expand down the page and always have the same size row height allocated to each project...

gantt.bmp

If you have a look at the image it should be reading 'Test 2' for each line, but its cut off.

Thanks

Matt

Reading around, I'm assuming there is an issue with this and in a future release there will be gantt charts with vertical scrolling.

The solution I am going to do it count the number of projects I have using PHP and multiple that value by 80px, therefore giving each project a row hight of 80px and use this value as the flash movie height when I load the page.

I was trying to avoid using more PHP and hoped there was some magic function or process that would do this for me.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Yes, you got that right. :)

FusionWidgets does not support Vertical Scrolling, as of now.

However, we are coming up with FusionCharts v4 which would support this functionality. The tentative release date of FusionCharts v4 is around mid 2010.

Srividya