Sign in to follow this  
dhirajr

Javascript error on reload and upon using Modal Windows on IE6

Hello,

I am using Fusion Charts on a J2EE application, i am generating the ChartXML on the server side and sending it back to my Action class on server which is generating the HTML for the object TAG and setting up the page.

I am able to generate the charts properly and display them but i am facing trouble when i refresh or am opening a modal dialogue and navigating back.

Browser : IE6

Issue 1 : Javascript error and page hangs upon reload

Now this only happens if the 'Display script notification' is enabled on IE6. The page displays properly with no JS errors shown on the IE window bottom tab, but when i try to reload the page or try to navigate to another page, there is an error but the page hangs and the error is not displayed at all.

Issue 2 : Use of Modal Window

On the page displaying the graph(parent page), there is a link to a modal window , where in the user is submitting a form. Upon submit of the modal window the user is navigated back to the parent page , which has the graph. This modal dialogue is used at a lot of places in the applications. Only where the parent pages display graphs, is a javascript error being thrown on the closing of the modal dialogue. Of course IE being IE6, the errors are not at all meaningful.

Just wondering if you have any thoughts on this matter or if anybody else has come across this problem before.

Attachments : I am attaching a sample HTML file which displays the graph. All the HTML related to the OBJECT tag is generated from a Java class.

StabilityHome.txt

hi,

I solved the problem. My HTML generation of OBJECT.../OBJECT was not proper. Looking elsewhere in the forums helped. Should have done that thoroughly before posting the question.

Thanks

Dhiraj

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks for sharing your idea.

Glad that your issue is resolved.

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting. :)