gawallis

[pending] MSColumn3DLineDY using html table?

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Could you please let us know the name of the swf file that you are using to render the chart.

Also, please try using the "renderAs" attribute in the <dataset> element.

Hope this helps. :( 

There is not dataset element for an html table, unless i am miss understanding you. The type is  MSColumn3DLineDY  and swf file is FCF_MSColumn3DLineDY.swf . According the documentation this is compatible for html tables.

$

('#userTable2').insertFusionCharts({

swfPath

: "../script/custom/jui/Charts/",

type: "MSColumn3DLineDY"

width: "400", height: "300",

data: "#personnelChart2",

dataFormat:"HTMLTable",

wMode: "transparent"});

Greetings,

The HTMLTable data-handler does basic HTML <table> to FusionCharts XML conversion. Currently, it allows you to specify chartAttributes only as the dataOptions { chartAttributes: "" } parameter.

The plugin is still in beta stage and we are waiting for users like you to give us inputs as to what more you want to do with the HTMLTable data-handler. Right now, it seems that you want dataset attributes to be implemented. :( We are looking into a suitable API to do the same. If you have any idea, feel free to share.

Hi Shamasis,

Thanks for the update. Two common ways of implementing this that I would suggest is either making your own attributes/classes for the TR/TD's or having json chartAttribute {rowForDY: references the row by name or #} then using jquery you could create the XML using the correct selectors. I prefer the latter moving everything to JSON options.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Graham

If you like either of these methods, I will try to add this in to the functionality.

shamasis (4/19/2010)
Greetings,

The HTMLTable data-handler does basic HTML <table> to FusionCharts XML conversion. Currently, it allows you to specify chartAttributes only as the dataOptions { chartAttributes: "" } parameter.

The plugin is still in beta stage and we are waiting for users like you to give us inputs as to what more you want to do with the HTMLTable data-handler. Right now, it seems that you want dataset attributes to be implemented. :( We are looking into a suitable API to do the same. If you have any idea, feel free to share.

Greetings,

Ah... the latter idea is surely a good one as because in case of former, (1) own attributes will fail w3c, (2) own class would not be sufficient enough and (3) changing the HTML table to render FusionCharts should not be the goal. :)

The JSON idea is cool, but there is a roadblocks that I see:

FusionCharts has native XML as data-source and the fact that you know that you need an attribute in <dataset> means you know the FusionCharts XML format, thus for people wanting to beautify the charts, needs to know details of FusionCharts XML. This is surely not a problem, but anything easier is more welcome.

We are contemplating upon the above issue and have certain ideas in mind. As the mature, we will surely update you. But, be assured - something will be coming your way. :(