Sign in to follow this  
Nishi

Column chart is too thin

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with Fusion charts...When i am using Column charts,wen ever the x -axis is having more than one value the chart is displaying very wel...But Wen the x-axis is having only one value the column chart is showing more or less as a slanted 3d line graph..That means the column chart is very thin....I am not having an idea were 2 set the width of the chart in this particular case.......

Thnx in Advance

Nishi

Hi,

Could you please post the XML code as an attachment for testing purpose?

Also, in case you are using the attribute maxColWidth in the <chart> element please try increasing the pixel value of the same.

Hope this helps. ;)

Edited by Guest

Hai Sanjuktha,

Thx 4 u reply......As u said i hav changed the value of maxColWidth...Actually that was the problem.....But i have one doubt...When i hav removed that attribute, the chart is having normal width when there is only one x-axis value........But wen der are more than 10 to 20 values i need my chart to reduce its width ....Is it using this attribute that v have to set it????Because b4 i hav given maxColWidth ='0.7'.Now i hav changed it to '10'.Since i hav given like dat the bar charts are having more width....

Thnx in advance.....

Nishi

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Nishi,

Thanks for your reply.

The attribute "maxColWidth" is used to allow maximum column width of a chart.

In case you wish to customize the maximum width of the column of a chart you need to explicitly specify the value in your XML codes using the "maxColWidth" attribute in the <chart> element.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs?/ChartSS/Column3D.html

Also, in case you wish to render a chart first without using the "maxColWidth" attribute(as per your previous post, the chart with a single <set> element) and then wish to render the same chart specifying the "maxColWidth" attribute, please try re-render the same chart by passing the XML file using "maxColWidth" attribute.

Also,please refer to the sample that we are sending you as an attachment.

I hope this helps. ;) 

Column Width issue.zip

Hi,

Thnx a lot.....I have seen the sample u have send....I hav adjusted the maxcolwidth attribute so that it wil work for both single set and Muliple set...

Thanks & Regards

Nishi:)

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Nishi,

You are welcome. ;)

We are happy to help you and glad that your issue is resolved.

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting. :)