Sign in to follow this  
lolek

vTrendlines don't work with multi-series 2D line charts

Are vertical trend lines not supported in line charts? I found the functionality in bubble and scattered charts, but nowhere else. I would very much like to use them in line charts so as to draw vertical zones on the chart. I've seen there is a vLine that can be used in similar way, but vLine, with huge thicknesses shows nasty beveling on the corners of lines which stand out of the chart:/

How can I mark vertical zones in 2D line charts?

Hi,

I am afraid, the Bevel effect that extends out of the chart cannot be removed when the thickness of the vLInes is increased, as of now. :)

Please try setting the value of the attribute "alpha" to "50" in the <vLine> element to give the chart a visual effect of a "Vertical Zone".

Ref.- <vLine color='000000' thickness='50' alpha='50' /> 

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the workaround you proposed doesn't work as the beveling is still there.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong..?

This what I put to XML:

'',

Sorry, the code didn't paste. Here it is:

vLine color="000000" thickness="50" alpha="50" linePosition="0.1" labelPosition="0" labelHAlign="right"  showLabelBorder="0" />

Hi,

You are welcome. :)

The XML you have posted is completely correct.

Just a minor change. The attribute linePosition="0.1" that you mentioned can only have the value of either "0" or "1".

Ref.-   <vLine color="000000" thickness="50" alpha="50" linePosition="0.1" labelPosition="0" labelHAlign="right" showLabelBorder="0" />

I am afraid, the Bevel effect that extends out of the chart cannot be removed when the thickness of the vLInes is increased, as of now, as I have already mentioned earlier.

Please feel free to revert in case you have any further queries.

Thank you for correction.:)

So - in other words - there is no way to make vertical zones in charts other than Bubble and Scattered?