How do I make a graph plotted using jquery plugin to use animate options? I dont see any in the documentation(http://www.fusioncharts.com/jquery/docs/jquery-plugin-for-fusioncharts-free-1.0.0b-documentation.pdf).

Its funny..in the examples(in the examples provided in the downloaded folder) there is no option provided to use animations, but the graphs use animations.

Edited by Guest

You need to refer to the FusionCharts Free XML documentation (http://www.fusioncharts/free/docs/) for configuring your charts. To enable or disable animation you would need to provide animation="0" within your data XML.

Note that in case you are using HTMLTable data format, you can use the chartAttributes: {} parameter within dataOptions to provide animation: '0'.

Even after adding "animation='0' ", I don't get any animation going.

I am using jQuery plugin to plot the graphs. When ever a checkbox changes, the graph is plotted again, using the following function.

On checkbox change, even after adding the "animation='0' " option, the graph just flickers and gets updated without animation.

strXML = " <graph bgSWF='../images/chart_background.jpg' showCanvasBg='0' divLineAlpha='0' animation='0' ....> </graph> "

$('#div_id_here).insertFusionCharts({

swfPath: "/FusionCharts/",

type: "StackedColumn3D",

width: "462", height: "300",

data: strXML,

dataFormat: "XMLData"

});

In the examples provided in the download folder, many of the charts plotted using the xml files provided have animations. But I dont see any 'animation' option being set in the < graph > element of xml. I wonder how they are getting animated.

(Please refer to plugin-options-width-and-height.html using annual-sales-summary.xml example.)

Can you please point me in the right direction?

BTW, the url you provided '(http://www.fusioncharts.com/free/docs/)' doesn't have any options that are related to the jquery plugin. I dont see them in the pdf that came when I downloaded the plugin either. Am I missing something?

Edited by Guest

Greetings,

Animations are turned on in FusionCharts by default. One does not need to specifically configure them. FusionCharts decides the best look for you automatically. In case one wants to override the animation settings or completely turn them off, it can be done by setting specific XML attributes of FusionCharts Data-XML.

As far as jQuery documentation is concerned. The jQuery documentation PDF is simply a reference as to how to implement and configure the product: "jQuery Plugin for FusionCharts." It does not contain documentation specific to FusionCharts Free or FusionCharts v3. For information as to how to configure FusionCharts Free and v3, you need to refer to the documentation specific to the product. The documentation is comprehensive and should provide you the information you want.

Furthermore, if you want to turn off animation and it does not work, kindly send us a scaled down HTML-based version of your codes and we will see to the issue.