Sign in to follow this  
smarsh

changing colors and width in 3d bar chart

Hi,

I'm trying to change the colors of the backdrop behind and below the 3D bar chart (not the background), but don't know what parameters apply.bargraph.jpg

Also, I'd like to make the bars wider.

Can someone give me direction on this?

Thanks guys.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :)

To change the background color of the canvas, please try setting the value for the attribute "canvasbgColor" in the <chart> element.

As you are using the 3D chart, it is not possible to change the base color of the chart.

Also, I'd like to make the bars wider.

Please try setting the value of the attribute "maxColWidth" in the <chart> element for the same.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs?/AttDesc/Canvas.html

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs?/ChartSS/Column3D.html

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

You are welcome. :)

Could you please try setting the attribute "showCanvasBase" to "0" in the <chart> element to hide the base?

Also, please try using the attributes "canvasBaseColor" and "canvasBaseDepth" in the <chart> element, in case you intend to show a different color or different depth of the base respectively.

Excellent. Thank you very much.

One other thing: I'm using a pie chart for other data and it shows percentages when you mouse over a wedge. Can the bar chart be configured to show percentages when you mouse over a bar? If so, how?

Hi,

You are most welcome. :)

Can the bar chart be configured to show percentages when you mouse over a bar? If so, how?

Could you please try setting the attribute "numberSuffix" to "%25" in the <chart> element to achieve what you intend to?

Edited by Guest

Could you please trysetting the attribute "numberSuffix" to "%25" in the <chart> element to achieve what you intend to?

That doesn't do it. On the pie chart, the wedges show the actual numeric values, but when you mouse over them, they then show a pop-up dialog with percentages. That's what I'm trying to achieve w/the bar chart. The solution you provided changes the values to %. I need them to stay actual values and just the mouse over be a %.

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

In this case please try not mentioning any numberprefix in your <chart> element.

Also, please try using '%' in the tooltext of your <set> element to display the same in your tootip.

I hope this helps. :) 

Thanks.

Also, please try using '%' in the tooltext of your <set> element to display the same in your tootip.

I don't know what you mean by that. Can you explain?

Here's my XML:

xml.jpg

Hi,

Could you please try using the attribute "toolText" in the <set> element with a "%" sign?

Ref.- <set label='Plain' value='14' toolText='30%' />

In any other chart except a Pie chart, you need to calculate and explicitly set the percentage value.

The chart is unable to calculate it automatically like a Pie chart.

Edited by Guest

In any other chart except a Pie chart, you need to calculate and explicitly set the percentage value.

Does that mean that every time the data changes, I would have to calculate the percentages and add them to the XML file?

Hi,

Does that mean that every time the data changes, I would have to calculate the percentages and add them to the XML file?

You are absolutely correct. :)

The Pie chart of the Fusioncharts suite only support the percentage format. For every other chart in FusionCharts suite you have set the percentage value manually everytime the data changes.

Please feel free to revert in case you any other queries.