Sign in to follow this  
BaberAhmed

help please, need to show values at the top of a scrolling bar chart

Hi All,

My company has purchased the v3 charts developer version for use in a wesite we are developing. I am currently in the middle of sorting out the graph for the webpage, it's stright forward I am using the flash object for the scrollable gragh and i have begun customising the graph and the data it will show through an xml file.

I can't seem to figure out the command to get it to show the value on top of the barchart i'e the y axsis value ontop of each column.

Please see below for the code I am trying...

<chart plotSpacePercen='100' numVisiblePlot='7' showAlternateHGridColor='0' divLineColor='#000000'  animation='0' defaultAnimation='0' caption='Sales Performance' shownames='1' showvalues='0' numberPrefix='' useRoundEdges='0' legendBorderAlpha='0' showBorder='0' bgAlpha='0,0' bgColor='#000000,#000000' canvasBgColor='#000000,#000000'>

<categories>

<category label='Chris Clover' />

</categories>

<dataset seriesName='' color='#A4A4A4' showValues='0'>

<set value='145' displayValue='145' />

</dataset>

</chart>

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

I can't seem to figure out the command to get it to show the value on top of the barchart i'e the y axsis value ontop of each column.

Could you please try setting the attribute "showValues" to "1" in the <chart> element?

Ref.- <chart plotSpacePercent='100' numVisiblePlot='7' showAlternateHGridColor='0' divLineColor='#000000'  animation='0' defaultAnimation='0' caption='Sales Performance' shownames='1' showvalues='1' numberPrefix='' useRoundEdges='0' legendBorderAlpha='0' showBorder='0' bgAlpha='0,0' bgColor='#000000,#000000' canvasBgColor='#000000,#000000'>

I also need to be able to set the color for the value that will apear on top of a column in the scrollable bar chart.

Could you please try applyling "Font Styles" to the object "DATAVALUES"?

Ref.- <styles>

<definition>

<style name='MyFirstFontStyle' type='font' face='Verdana' size='12' color='FF0000' />

</definition>

<application>

<apply toObject='DATAVALUES' styles='MyFirstFontStyle' />  

</application>  

</styles>

Hope this helps. :)