Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajroop

Tooltip issue with ScrollCombi2D

Hi,

I am using ScrollCombi2D for displaying data. Following is the data set.

<chart caption='Sample' bgColor='#ffffff'  plotSpacePercent='80' showValues='0'  areaOverColumns='0' formatNumberScale='0' useRoundEdges='0' palette='2' animation='1' showAlternateHGridColor='1' alternateHGridColor='C0c2c2' legendBorderAlpha='0' xAxisName='Sites' yAxisName='Counts' ><categories ><category label='E' /><category label='F' /><category label='A' /><category label='BS' /><category label='C' /><category label='D' /></categories><dataset seriesName='Counts' color='3e81af' ><set value='1908' toolText='E; 1908' /><set value='5' toolText='F; 5' /><set value='1302' toolText='A; 1302' /><set value='22862' toolText='B; 22862' /><set value='140' toolText='C; 140' /><set value='40' toolText='D; 40' /></dataset><styles><definition><style name='myLabelsFont' type='font' font='Verdana' size='10' bold='0' /></definition> <application> <apply toObject='DataLabels' styles='myLabelsFont' /></application></styles></chart>

For the data element D which has a value of '40' , tooltip does not show. For the data element F which has value 5, tooltip shows up.

da9d2e5b-c9f7-4a36-8a0c-25f1.JPG

e56897a0-2a50-47bf-81ae-b25e.JPG

Please help.

Thanks

Guest Rajroop

Hey,

We're running some tests on this issue. We'll be updating you on the same shorty.

Thanks for your patience on this matter.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

As in this case the dataplot that you are using is not occupying the required space of the canvas, it is not able to display the tooltip.

As a work-around, please try using a larger value for the dataplot and then try setting the alpha of those dataplot to 0.1 by using the attribute "alpha" in the <set> element.

Also, please refer to the sample that we are sending you as an attachment.

Hope this helps.

ScrollColumn2D.zip

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But my question is, value 5 shows up with tooltip, but not value 40, i mean 5 is great than 40.  Please let me know why tooltip does not show.

We generate the the xml for the widget dynamically (Programmatically).  There are lot of charts with different scales ( i.e one chart can be 0-100 and other can 1000-10000).

If i have add alpha attribute to set element, i have to some logic to add the alpha attribute to set element so that it can be generic for all the charts

Also why we have alpha 0.1 for <set value='500' toolText='F; 5' alpha='0.1'/>

and 100 for <set value='100' toolText='D; 40' alpha='100'/> ?

Please help. Thank you for your time

Hi,

Can someone please help with the question, i have posted.

Also can you please suggest how alpha can be calculated based on the min and max of the data set values, instead of selecting an arbitary number

Thanks

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

The scale that you are using is ranging from 0 to 30,000.

As in compare to the maxvalue of the chart(30,000), the datavalues like 5, 40 are too small, they are failing to get displayed in the visible area of the canvas.

Please note, to display the tooltip, the dataplots should be inside the visible area of the canvas.

Hope this helps.