Sign in to follow this  
1qTour

Area on Chart

Hi,

I need to add an area to stacked column 3d line DY but it doesnt seem to be possible. I tired adding renderAs="Area" but no joy... thanks

Hi,

I am afraid, Stacked Column 3D Line Dual Y chart of the FusionCharts suite does not support the "renderAs" attribute.

Also, in a Column (Stacked Column 3D Line Dual Y) chart you cannot display any Area plot.

Could you please try using Multi Series Combination 2D Line Dual Y chart for solving the purpose?

Awaiting your reply.

what xml attribute would i use to set the data to plot as an area? I'm using the multi series stacked column 2d + line Dual Y

is it possible on the stacked column 3d and line Dual Y to set the opacity of the line thats plotted. i was thinking as an alternative to the area i could set the thickness of the line to 7 and make it slightly transparent and place behind the other lines and i think it may be easy to read then.

the ideal end result that i am looking for would be...

y axis - a stacked column chart & forecast as an area.

S axis - 2 actual data lines and 1 forcasted line.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Hi,

what xml attribute would i use to set the data to plot as an area? I'm using the multi series stacked column 2d + line Dual Y

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support Area plot on a Multi Series Stacked Column 2D Line Dual Y chart. :)

Multi Series Stacked Column 2D Line Dual Y supports only Column and Line plot, as you can see the name suggests.

is it possible on the stacked column 3d and line Dual Y to set the opacity of the line thats plotted. i was thinking as an alternative to the area i could set the thickness of the line to 7 and make it slightly transparent and place behind the other lines and i think it may be easy to read then.

Yes, this is possible. :)

Please try increasing the thickness (as you already suggested) of the line and setting the attribute "alpha" to "50" in the <dataset> element, where you wish to give a semi-transparent look.

y axis - a stacked column chart & forecast as an area.

The Stacked Column chart can be displayed.

But I am afraid, the Area plot could not be diaplyed on the chart.

S axis - 2 actual data lines and 1 forcasted line.

Yes, this is possible.

Hope I could make myself clear.

Please feel free to revert in case you have any further queries.