Sign in to follow this  
aluksi

FusionMap

I'm trying to use FusionMap from flex. Is it possible to use ArrayCollection Object to pass on the data for FusionMap instead of XML (like using FCData for FusionChart for flex).

The data that i need to render is in ActionScript Objects, let me know the best way to feed it to FusionMap.

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! :)

I am afraid, FusionMaps for Flex does not suuport this functionality, as of now. :)

Plaese note, you can only pass XML data to the maps.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Sanjukta!

Thanks for the quick clarification.

I read that the FusionMaps is also based on the same framework as FusionChart which does support passing data as Actionscript objects besides xml. I was hoping I could do something similar with FusionMaps as well.

Regards

Al

Hi,

FusionCharts and FsuionMaps for Flex are on the same platform but with different data feeding process, as of now.

Your suggestions are important to us. We have made a due note of the same in our wishlist for the upgradation purpose.

Thanks for your continued support.

Hi,</P><P>FusionCharts and FsuionMaps for Flex are on the same platform but with different data feeding process, as of now.</P><P>Your suggestions are important to us. We have made a due note of the same in our wishlist for the upgradation purpose.</P><P>Thanks for your continued support.

Hi to all...

I needed to do something similar in an application & used a technique similar to this function.

See @

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1176453/flex-convert-arraycollection-to-xml

Perhaps this will lead to towards a solution. Cheers //GH

Hi,

Internally FusionCharts and FusionMaps accepts only XML as its data. Hence, the platform is same.

The control for FusionCharts (FusionCharts.swc) is equipped with a function that helps you provide data as ArrayCollection, convert it XML and pass it to the chart. This functionality is not provided in the control for FusionMaps (FusionMaps.swc). FusionCharts.swc and FusionMaps.swc are not same in various respect.

In our wishlist for the next release of FusionMaps for Flex we have this feature added.

Meanwhile, you can try adding a simple function in Flex which will parse through the ArrayCollection and build the required XML for Maps.