boywithk9

Label Bug

Since upgrading to 3.2, the labels on one of my charts are truncated with an ellipses.

http://deheer.com/cjdeheercom/stats/coastal_sfh_print.html

I have this chart set up so the exported PNG file is oversized so I can scale it down in a page layout application, essentially achieving a resolution appropriate for printing. So I don't want to change the font sizes (which I suspect might be your recommendation) because the type in the scaled down output would be too small.

Thanks

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

I am afraid, as of now the elipses for long datalabels are the default functionality of v3.2 chart.

Currently we are working on a fix for the same so that it can be customized.

We would be coming up with the fix in our next intermediatory release and would definitely get back to you.

Happy FusionCharting. :)

Hi,

FusionCharts v3.2 supports automatic wrapping of long labels.

In some cases when the labels are a bit long, then the chart automatically wraps/rotate the labels to fit it nicely. But when the labels are too long, the labels are truncated and display ellipses.

FusionCharts fixes the label spacing automatically depending on the length of the labels, hence the truncation/wrapping randomly takes place.

Hope this helps. :)

Just FYI, this problem is still occurring in v 3.2.1, although some charts that were previously showing ellipses are now showing correctly, and others that were previously showing correctly are now showing ellipses.

On this page, only one of the 4 graphs is showing ellipses (all 4 graphs have exactly the same labels).

Thanks

I entered the information in the form you sent thinking that it might give an opportunity to upload the files in a subsequent form, but it didn't. There's no way for me to send files through the form you sent.