Sign in to follow this  
Nikki

Working With Time Series

Hi,

I am plotting and graphing time along the X axis. However the data is not consistent.

For example I want to graph:

1985 100

1987 92

1990 103

1992 105

1994 99

1997 101

Currently it graphs 1985 to 1987 the same distance as 1994 to 1997 which is in accurate.

Ideas to solve this?

Hi,

I am plotting and graphing time along the X axis. However the data is not consistent.

For example I want to graph:

1985 100

1987 92

1990 103

1992 105

1994 99

1997 101

Currently it graphs 1985 to 1987 the same distance as 1994 to 1997 which is in accurate.

Ideas to solve this?

Hey Nikki,

I have a similar problem which I was just about to post about! My data is also inconsistent.

E.g: Along the x-axis I have dates of test results. And for one date there maybe 1 value, and the next date may have 10 values. So, along the x-axis there could be 4 labels saying the same date, or there could be upto 10 labels saying the same date. What I need is to display ONE label for each unique date. If anyone has any solution for this I'd like to hear it. Sorry to be hijacking your thread!

Many thanks

I have found a partial solution to my problem. The option labelStep allows you to skip labels. "By default, all the labels are displayed on the chart. However, if you've a set of streaming data (like name of months or days of week), you can opt to hide every n-th label for better clarity. This parameter just lets you do so. It allows to skip n X-axis labels to show 1 label".

However, this is a rather rigid solution. Does anyone know how I could display only the labels that are unique. E.g One for each unique date? Cheers

Edited by nonshatter

Are you working with multiple series on one table?

My code handles not having data at each particular date. I am creating a table at the same time and dealing with the cases of months and years. If you think it is helpful I could post it for you.

Nikki