Sign in to follow this  
bpeterson76

Javascript Charts With Phpclass

Is there a method setup to force Javascript (not flash) based charts with the PHP Class? I see the method described in the Javascript instantiation, but not mentioned specifically for the PHP Class method. Flash is a resource hog and has compatibility issues that aren't acceptable for my site, but I can't seem to force the use of Javascript-based charts no matter what I try.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :)

In case you wish to render only JavaScript based charts (and not use Flash at all), you just have to add a line of code as shown below:

Ref.- FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript').

This code will ask FusionCharts renderer to skip Flash rendering and create pure JavaScript based charts.

For further details please refer to the link below :-

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/FirstChart/UsingPureJS.html

I hope this helps. :)

Hi!

I have the same question. You answered a wrong answer. What about forcing js-charts using the PHP class. I worked many hours to change my code from php to php class. Now I want to test js, without switching back to pure php. Will there be a phpclass method to force the browser using js???

Sven

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum. :)

In case you wish to render only JavaScript based charts (and not use Flash at all), you just have to add a line of code as shown below:

Ref.- FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript').

This code will ask FusionCharts renderer to skip Flash rendering and create pure JavaScript based charts.

For further details please refer to the link below :-

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/FirstChart/UsingPureJS.html

I hope this helps. :)

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

FusionCharts allows you to create pure JavaScript-only charts that does not require Flash, hence enabling your chart in browsers where Flash is not supported like that of iPhone/iPad etc. This is achieve by calling setRenderer function in PHP Class before you render your chart. Using this function you need to set the current renderer to javascript.

Please find the code snippet below:

$FC = new FusionCharts("Column3D","600","300");

// set JavaScript renderer

$FC->setRenderer('javascript');

Hope this helps.