Sign in to follow this  
lokendar

Fusion Chart Performance : Maximum Datapoints

fusioncharts is a great product and i've been using it for sometime now... I have some queries regarding its performance on large data sets...

1. What is the maximum number of data points that can be shown on a X-Y Scatter chart ? I'm trying to plot around 5000 points and the chart freezes..

2. How about the same numbers in trend chart ? Will it support to show 10000 points at a time ?

appreciate a quick reply... thanks

Hi,

1. What is the maximum number of data points that can be shown on a X-Y Scatter chart ? I'm trying to plot around 5000 points and the chart freezes..

The Scatter chart of the FusionCharts pack supports maximum 3000 points. This value varies with the configuration of the machine as well few factors like animation, styles, etc.

2. How about the same numbers in trend chart ? Will it support to show 10000 points at a time ?

The latest version of FusionCharts, i.e, FusionCharts v3.2 supports a new chart called the ZoomLine chart that supports tens of thousands of points.

Could you please check with the following link to get further details on the above?

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/?ChartSS/ZoomLine.html

Hope this helps. :)