Sign in to follow this  
deepti

Combination Chart With Spline Chart And Column Chart

Hi,

I want to create a histogram in my application as shown in the attached file.Now I am creating it using using MSCombiDY2D.swf and MSCombiDY2D.xsd.When more number of points are there the graph is looking fine.The line graph in the chart is shown properly.But when the number of points are less, the line graph in the chart will not be having smooth curve.I have read about spline charts which are line charts with smooth curves.Is it possible to combine Spline charts with columnchart to attain my requirement.Or is there any other way in which I can attain a smooth curve for line charts.Pls help.

Thanks,

Deepti.

post-9906-045566300 1286948048_thumb.png

Hi all,

It would be great if anyone can tell me if there is any solution for my requirement.Pls help.

Deepti.

Hi,

I want to create a histogram in my application as shown in the attached file.Now I am creating it using using MSCombiDY2D.swf and MSCombiDY2D.xsd.When more number of points are there the graph is looking fine.The line graph in the chart is shown properly.But when the number of points are less, the line graph in the chart will not be having smooth curve.I have read about spline charts which are line charts with smooth curves.Is it possible to combine Spline charts with columnchart to attain my requirement.Or is there any other way in which I can attain a smooth curve for line charts.Pls help.

Thanks,

Deepti.

Hi Deepti,

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support creating a single chart using the Column and Spline chart, as of now. :(

The only option is to use the Combination chart that supports the rendering of Line plot and Column plot in a single chart.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sanjukta ,

Thanks for the reply.Yes now I am uisng the Combination chart that supports the rendering of Line plot and Column plot in a single chart. But there is no way to get a smooth curve for line chart rt?

Thanks,

Deepti.

Hi Deepti,

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support creating a single chart using the Column and Spline chart, as of now. :)

The only option is to use the Combination chart that supports the rendering of Line plot and Column plot in a single chart.

Hope this helps.

Hi Deepti,

You are always welcome. :)

Glad that your issue is resolved.

In case you intend to display a smooth line curve, you need to set the values in such way so that it gives a visual display of a Spline curve.

I am afraid, there are no other work-around for this, as of now. :)

Hope this helps.

Hi Sanjukta ,

Yes, that's true.By having more number of lines for the line chart I can get a better curve.But then the number of xvalues will be more in case of line chart and less for the column garph wright? So the column for the column graph will be missing at some of the xlables and hence there will be space in between the columns wright?Since I am trying to plot a histogram (as yoou can see in the attachment with my earlier post) space is not allowed in between the columns.

I am not sure if I am correct.Or what I would like to know is, is there a way to feed more number of points to the line graph alone, so that it will not be shown along with the xlabels and there wont be space between the columns?

Thanks,

deepti.

Hi Deepti,

You are always welcome. :)

Glad that your issue is resolved.

In case you intend to display a smooth line curve, you need to set the values in such way so that it gives a visual display of a Spline curve.

I am afraid, there are no other work-around for this, as of now. :)

Hope this helps.

Edited by deepti

Hi Deepti,

Please try using Multi-series Combination chart with Dual Y-axis to solve the purpose.

In MSCombi2D Dual Y chart, you can plot the Column plots against Primary Y-axis and the Line plot against Secondary Y-axis.

Please try giving same axis limits for both the axes and hide the secondary Y-axis values to get a visually perfect chart.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Sanjukta ,

Thanks,

I will try this out and let you know.

If you dont mind I would like to know one more thing,but regarding realtime datastreaming charts.Can I get the schema for the realtime datastreaming Line charts.

I know this is a separate topic and hence I have posted it separately,both in Fusionchartsv3 and FusionWidgetsv3 but could not get an answer.Thats why?

thanks,

Deepti.

Hi Deepti,

Please try using Multi-series Combination chart with Dual Y-axis to solve the purpose.

In MSCombi2D Dual Y chart, you can plot the Column plots against Primary Y-axis and the Line plot against Secondary Y-axis.

Please try giving same axis limits for both the axes and hide the secondary Y-axis values to get a visually perfect chart.

Hope this helps. :)

Guest Angie

Dear User,

We are delighted to announce that PowerCharts is now ready for your iPads and iPhones too. We have just released PowerCharts v3.2. Starting v3.2, PowerCharts has HighCharts embedded within it, and offers both Flash and JavaScript (HTML5) charting . The Flash charts are displayed on a majority of devices and the JavaScript charts on devices that do not support Flash, all of it without writing a line of code.

Automatic rendering of JavaScript charts on devices (like iPad and iPhone) where Flash player is not supported.

5 new chart types:

Heat Map Chart

Box and Whisker Chart

Step Line Chart

Error Line Chart

Error Scatter Chart

* Support for JSON data format.

* Support for LinkedCharts, where a single data source controls multiple charts.

* Interactive legends in charts allow selective showing/hiding of data series.

* Legends now support icons for each data series.

* Better management of labels on charts.

* Labels now have an auto rendering mode to prevent them from overlapping, the chart selects the best display mode depending on the length of the labels and the width of the chart.

* Long labels are truncated, with ellipses appended to the truncated end of each label, and a tooltip bearing the completed label text is displayed when the user hovers over a truncated label.

* Support for line breaks and wrapping in all text elements including: caption, sub caption, X-axis title, Y-axis title, Labels and tooltips.

* In Line charts, data values can now be positioned either above or below the dataplots. Automatic positioning of data values is also supported.

* In Step-line charts dataplots can be joined using vertical lines.

* Custom alignment of caption and sub caption using STYLES.

* Advanced print management using JavaScript.

* Additional options for efficient event handling using JavaScript.

* Support for dynamic update of chart properties using JavaScript(barring select scatter and drag charts).

* Charts now support % based sizes along with dynamic resizing (barring select scatter and drag charts).

Learn more about everything new in PowerCharts v3.2 at : http:/ www.fusioncharts.com/PowerCharts/

We would love to hear from you at: http://www.fusioncharts.com/contact/