Malay

Is It Possible To Have Quadrants Coloration For All 4 Quadrants

Hi

Is it possible to have Quadrants Coloration for all 4 Quadrants i.e., Top-Left quadrant, Top-Right quadrant, Bottom-Left quadrant and Bottom-Right quadrant rather than the approach that is followed in Chart Gallery -> Bubble/XY Plot Charts -> Scatter with Quadrants with trendline.

Thanks & Regards

Malay.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Malay,

I am afraid, as of now the XY Plot Charts of FusionCharts pack does not support the color feature for the quadrants.

Please feel free to revert to us in case you face any further issues.

Hi Malay,

I am afraid, as of now the XY Plot Charts of FusionCharts pack does not support the color feature for the quadrants.

Please feel free to revert to us in case you face any further issues.

Has this feature now been provided in Quadrant chart, as about 2 years have passed since this request was made.

Guest Sumedh

Hi Rajesh,

This feature is not supported. Implementing quadrants in XY plot charts is not supported.

Hi Rajesh,

This feature is not supported. Implementing quadrants in XY plot charts is not supported.

Yes Rajesh, as mentioned by Sumedh this feature is not supported. Unfortunately there are many interesting and simple features like such which are yet not supported by Fusion Charts.

By the way attaching a simple image to explain what I wanted. All I wanted in my case is that depending on certain business rule the color can be put in for every quadrant which gives a powerful feature from analytical viewpoint.

Thanks & Regards

Malay.

post-450-0-04439000-1350282299_thumb.png

Hi All,

Yes Rajesh, as mentioned by Sumedh this feature is not supported. Unfortunately there are many interesting and simple features like such which are yet not supported by Fusion Charts.

By the way attaching a simple image to explain what I wanted. All I wanted in my case is that depending on certain business rule the color can be put in for every quadrant which gives a powerful feature from analytical viewpoint.

Thanks & Regards

Malay.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

As mentioned previously, the Scatter chart does not support specifying colors explicitly for each of the Quadrant, as of now. :(

However, a possible work-around to achieve this is to use the <vTrendLines> and <trendLines> element that would help you display 4 different colors in the 4 quadrants created by setting "drawQuadrant='1' " in the <chart> element of the XML.

post-8144-0-79533700-1350289702_thumb.jpg

Please note that you would need to adjust the "startValue" and "endValue" for the vertical and horizontal trendlines respectively, as per your requirement.

I have tried to create a simple sample with this work-around which might of some assistance. Please check with the attached screenshot and the sample XML for your reference.

Hope this helps. :)

ScatterQuadrantColor.xml

Hi All,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

As mentioned previously, the Scatter chart does not support specifying colors explicitly for each of the Quadrant, as of now. :(

However, a possible work-around to achieve this is to use the <vTrendLines> and <trendLines> element that would help you display 4 different colors in the 4 quadrants created by setting "drawQuadrant='1' " in the <chart> element of the XML.

post-8144-0-79533700-1350289702_thumb.jpg

Please note that you would need to adjust the "startValue" and "endValue" for the vertical and horizontal trendlines respectively, as per your requirement.

I have tried to create a simple sample with this work-around which might of some assistance. Please check with the attached screenshot and the sample XML for your reference.

Hi Sanjukta

Thanks for the reply and sample xml. I know about this; but my problem is that I can not have distinct coloration for all the 4 quadrants, say yellow, green, red & blue. Now say me is it possible or not.

Thanks & Regards

Malay.

Hi Malay,

I had previously mentioned that explicitly you cannot specify colors for each quadrant, as of now.

But you can select the combination of colors in such a way, that the mixing of one color with another, provides a distinctly different color in all the quadrants.

This needs to be done as per your requirement by mixing the colors.