Sign in to follow this  
alexmitev

Chart Events Not Working Locally

Hello,

I was testing chart events (for example the Rendered event at http://www.wipesoft.nl/wipesoft/FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/JavaScript/Basics/Events/Rendered.html) With the example on the server, all works fine.

However, I tried to reproduce the example locally. I downloaded the swf and xml files locally, so now the script looks like:

var myChart = new FusionCharts("Column3D.swf", "myChartId", "400", "300", "1", "1" );

myChart.setXMLUrl("Data.xml");

myChart.render("chartContainer");

function FC_Rendered(DOMId) {

alert ( DOMId + " chart has been rendered." );

}

But now I don't get the rendered event!

I am using IE8 on WinXP.

Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Alex

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! :)

Please make sure that the Flash Player Global Security settings is enabled, if you are running the application from local file system (C:\ or D:\) and not from web server (local or live).

Flash Player's Global Security setting blocks invoking/calling JavaScript from SWF (Flash Movie) by default. So you need to reset your setting into Global Security Setting panel and enable it.

Please refer to the following link to enable the Flash Player Global Security settings:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Hope this helps. :)

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, changing this setting actually helps! But, is there any way to make this change programatically? The purpose I need it is, I am making a screenshot of the Fusion Chart (and I am using the Rendered event to know when it's ready to make the screenshot), so it's not desirable to need the user interaction for it.

Thank you, Alex

Edited by alexmitev

Guest Angie

Hi Alex,

Welcome again to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not allow one to change this setting programatically, at this time.

I'm glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif