juanpaco

Show Y-Axis Labels On Both Sides

Is it possible to show the y-axis labels on both sides? This would make it easier to read data on wide charts. I'm using the LogMSLine chart.

The attached image is from a different charting package, but it shows the effect I'm trying to produce. Notice how, for example, 100M is on both sides.

Thanks in advance.

post-10610-059905800 1293457109_thumb.png

Hi,

Could you please try using 2D Dual Y Combination chart to solve your purpose?

Please try rendering all the <dataset> elements as "Line" with the help of the attribute "renderAs".

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

Could you please try using 2D Dual Y Combination chart to solve your purpose?

Please try rendering all the <dataset> elements as "Line" with the help of the attribute "renderAs".

Hope this helps. :)

That chart does exactly what I need for the Y axis, but the documentation doesn't list a way to use a logarithmic scale (a requirement that I can't change). Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I could fake the log scale using custom yaxis labels, but from reading in other threads there doesn't seem to be a way to use strings for the yaxis labels. I know how to change 1000 to 1K, for example, but that isn't what I mean. I can calculate logarithms myself on the server side, but if I do that, I only get yaxis labels 1-8. There isn't a way for me to call value 4 '1k', for example. Please also correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

I suppose I can fake it with HTML absolutely positioned next to the chart and using proper margins next to the chart. I have a good idea of what range my data will be in. I could also maybe embed the chart in a SWF of my own creation, but that seems like a more complicated version of the HTML approach.

Dang. Thanks for the reply, and I guess can I change this question into a feature request? Heck, with source code access I'd put it in myself, but I don't know if my client is going to spring for that level of license.

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We have added your request in our wishlist and we will try our best to make it possible in near future.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif